• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim.es. Has anyone used this web site to book their trip...what are they like

Bannsider

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2017...Frances 2018 ....Muxia reverse 2019
Booked with pilgrim.es to walk the camino just want to know if anyone has had any experience with this company ..are they reliable ...thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Short answer is no. i see you have already walked a few Caminos. I am my own travel agent, so although I would love to help you I can’t.
I just wish you well - you will be able to answer the next enquirer about that company! And how did I guess you were from up there?!

Short answer is no. i see you have already walked a few Caminos. I am my own travel agent, so although I would love to help you I can’t.
I just wish you well - you will be able to answer the next enquirer about that company! And how did I guess you were from up there?!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Did you book online with pilgrim.es and there were no problems that is everything ran smoothly

No, anything booked on either of my Camino’s was done by me. I’ve never heard of the site you’re using. Good luck and Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Booked with pilgrim.es to walk the camino just want to know if anyone has had any experience with this company ..are they reliable ...thanks

Just curious...which path did you book and why after having walked before did you feel the need to use a booking agent this time? When are you going and do you intend to report back about how it worked out for you?

Just curious...which path did you book and why after having walked before did you feel the need to use a booking agent this time? When are you going and do you intend to report back about how it worked out for you?
Have always used a booking agent and this time used pilgrim.es to which I have paid a deposit but am still waiting for a receipt ...might be ok but I am a bit worried ..will let you know the outcome...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Have always used a booking agent and this time used pilgrim.es to which I have paid a deposit but am still waiting for a receipt...might be ok but I am a bit worried ..have contacted them but it’s 5 days since I paid ....will let you know the outcome

Have always used a booking agent and this time used pilgrim.es to which I have paid a deposit but am still waiting for a receipt...might be ok but I am a bit worried ..have contacted them but it’s 5 days since I paid ....will let you know the outcome

Ahhh, I understand now. Have you tried contacting them and asking for email confirmation? I looked them up after I read your initial question yesterday. I sought info about the VdlP route to see what they offered. I gave them my email address and an old phone number that I no longer use. (Didn’t want a phone call, nor did I want my number sold to other merchants.). I immediately received an email from them saying they would have more info for me “tomorrow” (which is today). Today I received an email telling me that they tried to call me at the number that I had given them and that they were unable to reach me. Since they were willing to phone across the pond In regard to a casual inquiry, I don’t think requesting a receipt is too much to ask.

Thanks you have been so so helpful,.
@Bannsider I wasn't trying to be helpful. That is the job of Agencies that exploit peoples fears and innocence and make a profit from Pilgrims. Thousands walk the Caminos without shelling-out to agents. There is sufficient free information to enable anyone to walk a camino without using an agent. Planning tools and websites for booking accommodation abound. Most of the paper guides will provide accommodation contact information. Most of the on-line guides provide links for making bookings.

If you have used an agent that you have no experience of and which you have not researched prior to your commitment that was your choice. Caveat Emptor

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ahhh, I understand now. Have you tried contacting them and asking for email confirmation? I looked them up after I read your initial question yesterday. I sought info about the VdlP route to see what they offered. I gave them my email address and an old phone number that I no longer use. (Didn’t want a phone call, nor did I want my number sold to other merchants.). I immediately received an email from them saying they would have more info for me “tomorrow” (which is today). Today I received an email telling me that they tried to call me at the number that I had given them and that they were unable to reach me. Since they were willing to phone across the pond In regard to a casual inquiry, I don’t think requesting a receipt is too much to ask.

I did pretty much the same, but I did put my real phone number in the form. I received a call from a number in New Jersey (I didn't recognize the number so didn't answer). In this day of Internet (VOIP) calling it's not that expensive for companies to get numbers that don't cost a lot to call other countries. Anyway, my initial quote for accommodation only for 35 days on the Norte was 1170 Euros. And it also said "The price is per person in a double room (except Hostel). Consult supplement for single room. "

Actually, here's the complete quote:

• Camino: Camino del Norte
  • Number of pilgrims: 1
  • How: a-pie
  • Departure Date: 2020-08-23
  • Trip duration: 35
  • Nights at the end: 2
  • Type of accommodation: albergue
  • Accomodation: solo-alojamiento
Credential, travel insurance and documentation included
Estimated price from: 1170€
More information? Click here
The price is a non-binding estimate subject to confirmation upon payment.

The price is per person in a double room (except Hostel). Consult supplement for single room.

If you have any questions about the proposal or if you want to hire a service, please contact us. We will be happy to help you.

We can call you now for free pulsando aquí
You can call us to (+34) 912 913 756 or, if you prefer, you could answer this email. Our office schedule is from 10h to 22h (monday to friday)
Best regards and

Done a bit of research and they are mentioned as an official Spanish camino tour operators...so hopefully

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

They are listed as a Spanish camino tour operator so it should be ok ...will let you know the outcome .Thanks for your help ..much appreciated

@Bannsider I wasn't trying to be helpful. That is the job of Agencies that exploit peoples fears and innocence and make a profit from Pilgrims. Thousands walk the Caminos without shelling-out to agents. There is sufficient free information to enable anyone to walk a camino without using an agent. Planning tools and websites for booking accommodation abound. Most of the paper guides will provide accommodation contact information. Most of the on-line guides provide links for making bookings.

If you have used an agent that you have no experience of and which you have not researched prior to your commitment that was your choice. Caveat Emptor
Once again you have been so so helpful ...good luck

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello,
I just got a quote from Pilgrim.es. Just wondering did you follow through with using them for your Camino? Did you do the Portugese coastal route?

Thank you !

Used pilgrim.es last year on the Camino Frances and all went very well even using them again in august on the del Norte .

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back