A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Pilgrim following 1495 Guide Book to Santiago

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
http://irascignavojo.livejournal.com/261413.html

What we do might seem nerdy, but befitting a medievalist: We follow a guiidebook from the late middle ages, Hermann Künig von Vach's book of St. James from 1495 AD, which leads from the benedictine abbey of Einsiedeln all the way to Santiago in spanish Galicia.

Advertisment

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
I am sure he´ll avoid letting his horse drink from the river at Puente La Reina. And I wonder if he´ll see a pilgrim body being eaten by wolves out beyond Sahagun? And I am sure he´ll still run into at least as many rapacious innkeepers!

Rebekah

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
And he said....."It is a seven miles to Burgos....then you cross a fine bridge and soon reach Burgos where there are 32 hospitals".

(Must've been a hellava lot of pilgrims in the 15th C)

A

Anonymous

Rebekah Scott said:
I wonder if he´ll see a pilgrim body being eaten by wolves out beyond Sahagun?
Don't know about that, Rebekah, but he'll probably see a few bodies being eaten by bedbugs along the way! :roll: Oddly enough, when I passed that spot after I left you - the place of the historical wolf attack - I found it quite a chilling place. It was very early in the morning and I was alone on the Camino. I felt it was quite scary, even without the wolves...

Gareth

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 67 17.0%
  • May

Votes: 104 26.4%
  • June