• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim gathering-Washington DC area

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
If anyone in the DC area is interested in meeting fellow pilgrims or soon to be pilgrims want to meet those of us who have walked the camino, we are having a gathering at Jaleo in Crystal City June 19th. If any of you are on facebook go to the APOC Metro DC/MD/VA Get Together event and get the particulars and let us know you are attending.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello, is there any chance you might advertise the Camino buffs I have been posting about. They have been very successful and if you would be willing, I would send a photo and some contact information. They are selling for $20.00 Canadian plus postage.

Thanks

Beverley, I will mention it to those pilgrims that show up. If you could send me a good picture of the buff that could help.

Cullen

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh boy, this is my third attempt to send photos. The site keeps getting ahead of me. Sorry if you have received all 3 posts.

The buffs are $20.00 plus a few dollars for shipping. I can be reached at cosmocavan@gmail.com
I am leaving for Del Norte on July 12 but I will check and reply to e-mails while I am gone. This is my 3rd Camino so I am very excited.
Cheers and thanks.

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Camino buff sleeve.JPG
    Camino buff sleeve.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,438
Have a great trip. We are planning to walk the Norte next year!!

Hi folks,

I'm new to the Forum, having just returned from walking part of the Camino. I'm based in DC, and would love to find a few folks to discuss the experience with. Any chance anyone here would be interested in a June 2012 repeat of last year's get together at Jaleo? Happy to head to Crystal City again, or arrange something in the city.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are a couple of pilgrims in the DC area who are planning to walk the Camino sooner (we, September 2012) or later! Would love to get together to talk Camino.
Hailing from Maryland suburbs right outside DC.

Great to hear that there are more pilgrims in the Washington/DC/Maryland area. Just last monday my husband and I got back from the Camino -- we walked from Roncesvalles to Finisterre ! We live in Rockville, MD, and would love to get together with fellow-pilgrims ! Any interest in enjoying some vino tinto and tapas together and talk 'camino'?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I no longer live in DC (I'm in Mexico now) but I'll be passing through at the end of August on my way to Spain. I'd be up for some wine and tapas to get me in the mood :)

Hola, Was thereabouts for a while early July but you guys had a lucky escape. Enjoyed visit to national cathedral in DC. Spotted that chap on extreme right hand side of altar rail holding scallop shell etc. Don't have technology to upload photo now but you local folk should take a look.

Buen Camino

crackmrmac said:
Hola, Was thereabouts for a while early July but you guys had a lucky escape. Enjoyed visit to national cathedral in DC. Spotted that chap on extreme right hand side of altar rail holding scallop shell etc. Don't have technology to upload photo now but you local folk should take a look.

Buen Camino

Sorry to take so long to respond...anyone up for meeting for tapas at Julio's in Bethesda, or somewhere like that? I heard there is a great Spanish restaurant in DC near Dupont Circle called La Taberna del Seabarden. Word from a Spanish ex-pat that this is the place for tapas at lunch...very authentic.
Late August work for you?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I leave for France on 23 August, so it sounds like this would be after then. There's also a great place in the Logan Circle neighborhood on 14th Street NW, Estadio.

Gudule,
Any possibility of meeting mid-August so we can meet up with Michael before he goes?
Or later in the month when Vagabondette comes through? What dates Vagabondette?

My apologies that it's taken me so long to circle back to this forum, but in my fervor after returning from the Camino, I actually ended up launching a Meetup.com group called "Washington DC Peregrinos," where a bunch of folks have connected. Feel free to check it out, and join if you're interested! That group is reuniting on August 9th - at the moment at Vinoteca, but there's been a move to head some place in Bethesda instead for this one. Maybe Julio's is a good option?

Kristin

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Kristin,
I don't seem to be able to find the Washington DC Peregrinos group on Meetup.com ... :-((
If possible I would like to join you on August 9! Could you give me some more information on it?
Thanks,
Gudule

Ouroboros,
Will you be going there ?

I had not heard of the Meetup.com group until just now....
Wish I could make August 9th, but I have a concert rehearsal that night.
I hope that folks from DC, like Michael, and others on this thread can make it August 9th.
Maybe I can catch the next gathering.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'd like to connect with the DC area folks! FYI, mid to late April 2013 Camino Francés....

Orlando
202-297-9229

My name is Bonnie, and I would love to hear from DC area peregrinos or peregrinos to be. I am taking my first Camino walk next year( 2013, likely September- October) for my 60th birthday and cannot take a month or two (as much as I would like to) to walk the Camino (leaving a husband at home), so I am walking the final 100km and will use luggage support and reservations at small B&Bs and family run inns. I am aiming to walk 10-15 miles a day, which I have done before.

My family is worried about my safety, but I have decided to do a self guided walk, figuring I'll meet other pilgrims enroute, plus the company making my arrangements with luggage and lodging has a number to call in case of any complications along the way.

My email is weissmanassoc@aol.com.

My name is Brigid and I just turned 65. I completed my Camino de Santigo along the French Route on 26OCT12 starting in St Jean Pied de Port in late April 2012. I went home after 3 weeks (planned it that way because I would miss my husband and I do not like heat and crowds of summer) and I continued from Leon, Spain on September 11th. The one thing you should tell you friends and family who might be concerned about your safety is that you will never be alone on the Camino. I don't know where I read it but it is so true the Camino is about "Solitude and Solidarity". If you want to give yourself some flexibility (some days you may not want to walk 5 km and others you may not want to stop at 15km) you can easily arrange a taxi to take your bag from one Albergue to the next. It will cost between 3-7EUR a day and somehow it works very well. Your things will be safely delivered and secure until you arrive. Take less-I found REI heavy weight rain jacket(sealed seems) and a cover for my backpack worked best. I was completely dry during heavy downpour but my feet eventually succummed after 7 hours in the rain. The answer to that was a ***hotel called the Ruta*Jacobea which was worth every EUR. I found having a spanish phone and giving the number to my husband made me feel I was in contact. I would recommend you take your Iphone (remove the sim card if not on some international plan-expensive) and you will have free WiFi in most bars and alberges. The John Brierley guide book (full version) had all sorts of details about places to stay that I found invaluable. Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A meeting of The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the APOC will be held in Fairfax,Virginia on Sunday, March 30th at 2 PM.

It will be held Historic St Mary of Sorrows Catholic Church hall located at 5222 Sideburn Rd, Fairfax, VA 22032 (the intersection of Ox Road (route 123) and Fairfax Station Road, Fairfax Station, VA).

This information is also available on the APOC website.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.