• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim House Hours 2021

natefaith

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
EDIT: Updated opening hours to the current 10am - 6pm schedule.

Hi everyone,
The Pilgrim House welcome center in Santiago is open again after a long pause.

Our hours are 10am - 6pm. We're open every day except Sundays and Wednesdays. Once you're back on the trail, please do come around when you're in Santiago and enjoy the space. We'd love to hear about your Camino, too, as you feel up for sharing!

Address:
Rua Nova, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Buen Camino a todos. :)

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wow, yet another sign that something resembling normal life is starting up again. Will you be having college students there as interns this summer? I always enjoy talking with them, not that I’ll make it to the Pilgrim House any time soon!

Aren't they a fun ball of energy? Unfortunately, since the college students are all Americans and they can't travel here right now, we don't have any planned for this year. Hopefully next year! And hopefully we can see you, too! ❤️

So glad to see you are opening again, can't wait to come and see you! As luck would have it I should arrive on a Saturday so of course you will be closed the next day, but fingers crossed I get the chance to pop in again for a chat, a cry and some Santiago cake!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

For now, our hours are 10am - 2pm. Expanded hours will come later this year as things open back up and more pilgrims come to town. We're open every day except Sundays and Wednesdays.

Once you're back on the trail, please do come around when you're in Santiago and enjoy the space. We'd love to hear about your Camino, too, as you feel up for sharing!

Address:
Rua Nova, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Every camino I have told myself I will visit. I have never done it. I promise, promise, promise this December I will come. You will be open about December 4 or 5 correct?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can't believe it's been six years since you presented me with that lovely birthday surprise...such heartfelt generosity is never forgotten. Yes, I'm still 'moving' and now considering the CP. So lovely to see you back.

Hi everyone,

For now, our hours are 10am - 2pm. Expanded hours will come later this year as things open back up and more pilgrims come to town. We're open every day except Sundays and Wednesdays.

Once you're back on the trail, please do come around when you're in Santiago and enjoy the space. We'd love to hear about your Camino, too, as you feel up for sharing!

Address:
Rua Nova, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Hope to see you soon.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, this is one of our traditions the day we arrive in Santiago. We head straight to the pilgrim's office to get our compostela, check into our albergue, then head to the Pilgrim House. We always arrange a flight from Santiago to Madrid (last time to Barcelona) and need to print out our boarding passes. There is always a friendly, techo proficient person at the desk that does this for us. And I leave a nice tip as our appreciation! Bob

Every camino I have told myself I will visit. I have never done it. I promise, promise, promise this December I will come. You will be open about December 4 or 5 correct?

Yes, we should be unless global life takes a turn again. Would love to meet you! Dec 5 is a Sunday so we'd be closed, but Dec 4 we'd be open :).

Most read last week in this forum

The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.