• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim House in Santiago

lovelyshell

Time of past OR future Camino
October/November 2016
This is my second time in Santiago but I just discovered the Pilgrims House. What a great place! I came here yesterday to donate my poles and hung out in the lounge area for a bit. I came back today because I had to leave my hotel and my flight is not until 9pm tonight. I have a bit of a cold and asked if I could hang out and they offered me the back room to lay down and relax.
I’m just shown impressed with the kindness and hospitality!! This is wonderful place, definitely worth a visit.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dear Pilgrim house folks,
I’m so sorry I didn’t introduce myself yesterday and donate something! I came in to visit with my new forum-created friend ( @lovelyshell ) as she was under the weather. We just chatted away until closing at 6pm and I neglected to thank you for creating such a warm and inviting environment. I had to scoot out of Santiago early today because of the bus strike tomorrow, so I didn’t have a chance to pop in today.
Be well and see you next time!!!

I’m so sorry I didn’t introduce myself yesterday and donate something! I came in to visit with my new forum-created friend,Marisa( @lovelyshell ) as she was under the weather. We just chatted away until closing at 6pm and I neglected to thank you for creating such a warm and inviting environment. I had to scoot out of Santiago early today because of the bus strike tomorrow, so I didn’t have a chance to pop in today.
bus strike?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bus strikes in Galicia Thursday and Friday April 27-28. I don’t know how to link to another thread but the brilliant and incredibly helpful @C clearly will surely link to the posts about this.
With that kind of set-up, how could I not comply, and find a link to this thread! 🤣

I have moved a couple of posts over to that thread, so we can have all of the discussion related to the bus strike on one thread, and leave this thread to talk about Pilgrim House.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I’m so sorry I didn’t introduce myself yesterday and donate something! I came in to visit with my new forum-created friend ( @lovelyshell ) as she was under the weather. We just chatted away until closing at 6pm and I neglected to thank you for creating such a warm and inviting environment. I had to scoot out of Santiago early today because of the bus strike tomorrow, so I didn’t have a chance to pop in today.
There is the ability to donate from home. They were really helpful last year after our Camino. I used this link to donate from home.

Last edited:
It’s a strange question… I have carried a brand new sleeping bag with me and never used it. Is it possible to donate at the Pilgrim House? I’m in Santiago now. Thank you!

It’s a strange question… I have carried a brand new sleeping bag with me and never used it. Is it possible to donate at the Pilgrim House? I’m in Santiago now. Thank you!

Hi @MrCapuccino , so sorry I missed this as I was on vacation. Are you still in Santiago? We do accept donations of gear to pass on to other pilgrims. Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...
I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back