A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Pilgrim House re-opening Monday August 17

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi everyone,
Just a note that the Pilgrim House Welcome Center is re-opening this coming Monday, August 17. It has taken us a while to get ready and incorporate all of the Covid safety and cleaning regulations, but we will be very happy to see you in Santiago after your Camino!

Opening hours will be 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Pilgrim House is closed on Wednesdays for meetings and on Sundays for staff rest.

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

If you are walking this year, please drop by after you walk into Santiago and enjoy a chat with staff and other pilgrims, a cup of coffee, and/ or some quiet time. We have other resources for you to use (and take with you) as well - a journaling guide with debriefing questions, helpful articles, and an End of Camino letter. Sadly we've had to remove all the books from the Pilgrim House library for now, but the back room and patio are still open for quiet solitude.

Take care and Buen Camino. For those of you who can't walk this year, see you next time ❤
Faith

Last edited:

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC

DebR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances:
2013; 2014; 2015; 2017; 2018; and counting down to Christmas 2019
Hi everyone,
Just a note that the Pilgrim House Welcome Center is re-opening this coming Monday, August 17. It has taken us a while to get ready and incorporate all of the Covid safety and cleaning regulations, but we will be very happy to see you in Santiago after your Camino!

Opening hours will be 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Pilgrim House is closed on Wednesdays for meetings and on Sundays for staff rest.

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

If you are walking this year, please drop by after you walk into Santiago and enjoy a chat with staff and other pilgrims, a cup of coffee, and/ or some quiet time. We have other resources for you to use (and take with you) as well - a journaling guide with debriefing questions, helpful articles, and an End of Camino letter. Sadly we've had to remove all the books from the Pilgrim House library for now, but the back room and patio are still open for quiet solitude.

Take care and Buen Camino. For those of you who can't walk this year, see you next time ❤
Faith
I’m so glad to see you’re reopening! I will never forget the warmth of Christmas Eve with you last year, and the joy of stepping out afterwards into the silent streets of the old town just an hour before Christmas fell.
Wishing with all my heart that I could walk back into Santiago this year, but it’s not to be.
Ultreia, Nate, Faith and all...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Roncesvalles to Sahagun Oct 2016
Sahagun to SDC April 2017 Burgos to SDC April 2018
Hi everyone,

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Faith
Excellent news Faith. I hope to wander in sometime next Spring. Stay safe.

GailGwyn

Camino(s) past & future
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Hi everyone,

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Faith
Hoping and praying we'll be able to go on Camino in 2 weeks time and hope to call in to say hello at Pilgrim House.

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Old Way (2020), VFnS (2020), CP (rebooked) (2021), VdT (ToDo)
Thanks Nate & Faith for your service to pilgrims. Popped in 2019....
Love
Ditto. But I must have passed you a dozen times in 2018 and never knew you were there. We'll need to fund you a bigger sign.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Great to know our lovely Faith will be there supporting those who need it. All good wishes for a smooth re-opening @natefaith

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015, 2017, 2019) and plans for 2021 (Sept, Oct)
We stopped by after our last two caminos to get help printing our our boarding tickets for our flight to Madrid. The staff members are always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Both times we left a tip, then a donation later in the year . Bob

Becky 59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2018)
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
We missed you a year ago when you were closed for staff training retreat, but were there in 5/18. Hoping for fall 2021 or 2022.... Welcome back!

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Faith, I enjoyed meeting you and Nate last May and appreciated the little tour of your lovely facility. I look forward to the "day" I have opportunity to enter your welcoming doors again to say hello!

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words!

Looking forward to seeing you again when things open up more.

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Also, a special announcement: due to Covid restrictions we can no longer accept donations (of trekking poles, clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc) nor can we give them away. So, if you arrive in Santiago before starting your Camino and need, for example, trekking poles, we can refer you to the Decathlon City store that's in town.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Also, a special announcement: due to Covid restrictions we can no longer accept donations (of trekking poles, clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc) nor can we give them away. So, if you arrive in Santiago before starting your Camino and need, for example, trekking poles, we can refer you to the Decathlon City store that's in town.
Oh dear, that is such a pity. If for nothing else, how I wish Covid 19 had never raised its ugly head. Waste not want not will be put to bed and goodbye to thriftiness... A small thing, in comparison to the lovely service you offer to pilgrims. Glad to see you are in business again.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Hi Faith
Hoping all is going well for Pilgrim House .. I usually pop in for a cuppa and chat with anyone there at the time. I’ve usually had my laundry done there too. Great service and a good reason to pop back for another chat to collect it.
Also, a special announcement: due to Covid restrictions we can no longer accept donations (of trekking poles, clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc) nor can we give them away.
Do you know if this applies to all the camino stops ? If you have excess along the camino ., does anyone have ‘gear, clothing, equipment bins’ for discarding and lightening packs or do you have to toss in waste bin? Are they permitted to hold such items until after the pandemic or considered ‘bad news ‘ and tossed. ?? I thought that in earlier times @SYates would possibly distribute good stuff too ?

the warmth of Christmas Eve with you last year, and the joy of stepping out afterwards into the silent streets of the old town just an hour before Christmas fell.
Wishing with all my heart that I could walk back into Santiago this year, but it’s not to be.
Ultreia, Nate, Faith and all...
Oooooh- what a beautiful picture that brings to mind.
I want to experience Christmas in Santiago sometime in the future too in covid free days which WILL return.

Annie.

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi Faith
Hoping all is going well for Pilgrim House .. I usually pop in for a cuppa and chat with anyone there at the time. I’ve usually had my laundry done there too. Great service and a good reason to pop back for another chat to collect it.

Do you know if this applies to all the camino stops ? If you have excess along the camino ., does anyone have ‘gear, clothing, equipment bins’ for discarding and lightening packs or do you have to toss in waste bin? Are they permitted to hold such items until after the pandemic or considered ‘bad news ‘ and tossed. ?? I thought that in earlier times @SYates would possibly distribute good stuff too ?

Oooooh- what a beautiful picture that brings to mind.
I want to experience Christmas in Santiago sometime in the future too in covid free days which WILL return.

Annie.
Hi Annie,
Yes, we will miss seeing you this year. Glad you made it home all right after your Camino earlier this year, though! :)

As for the donations, the new safety measures for albergues say, "El albergue debe desechar productos y enseres cedidos por los clientes que abandonan el albergue." (The hostel must dispose of products and belongings that clients leave behind when they leave the hostel.) In general albergues and those in the hospitality sector can't keep items or pass items back and forth between people (including pens and pencils!). Pilgrims might be able to find blue Humana bins - or red Cáritas bins - in certain towns and donate clothing and shoes in those. Gear will be harder to slough off, though...but mailing it ahead to the Santiago Correos office could be a good solution.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock