• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim House re-opening Monday August 17

natefaith

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
UPDATE NOVEMBER 6: Pilgrim House is now CLOSED for the rest of the year 2020. Stay healthy and see you next time!

Hi everyone,
Just a note that the Pilgrim House Welcome Center is re-opening this coming Monday, August 17. It has taken us a while to get ready and incorporate all of the Covid safety and cleaning regulations, but we will be very happy to see you in Santiago after your Camino!

Opening hours will be 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Pilgrim House is closed on Wednesdays for meetings and on Sundays for staff rest.

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

If you are walking this year, please drop by after you walk into Santiago and enjoy a chat with staff and other pilgrims, a cup of coffee, and/ or some quiet time. We have other resources for you to use (and take with you) as well - a journaling guide with debriefing questions, helpful articles, and an End of Camino letter. Sadly we've had to remove all the books from the Pilgrim House library for now, but the back room and patio are still open for quiet solitude.

Take care and Buen Camino. For those of you who can't walk this year, see you next time ❤
Faith

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hi everyone,
Just a note that the Pilgrim House Welcome Center is re-opening this coming Monday, August 17. It has taken us a while to get ready and incorporate all of the Covid safety and cleaning regulations, but we will be very happy to see you in Santiago after your Camino!

Opening hours will be 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Pilgrim House is closed on Wednesdays for meetings and on Sundays for staff rest.

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

If you are walking this year, please drop by after you walk into Santiago and enjoy a chat with staff and other pilgrims, a cup of coffee, and/ or some quiet time. We have other resources for you to use (and take with you) as well - a journaling guide with debriefing questions, helpful articles, and an End of Camino letter. Sadly we've had to remove all the books from the Pilgrim House library for now, but the back room and patio are still open for quiet solitude.

Take care and Buen Camino. For those of you who can't walk this year, see you next time ❤
Faith
I’m so glad to see you’re reopening! I will never forget the warmth of Christmas Eve with you last year, and the joy of stepping out afterwards into the silent streets of the old town just an hour before Christmas fell.
Wishing with all my heart that I could walk back into Santiago this year, but it’s not to be.
Ultreia, Nate, Faith and all...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi everyone,

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Faith

Excellent news Faith. I hope to wander in sometime next Spring. Stay safe.

Hi everyone,

The address is:
RUA NOVA, 19
Santiago de Compostela

Faith
Hoping and praying we'll be able to go on Camino in 2 weeks time and hope to call in to say hello at Pilgrim House.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks Nate & Faith for your service to pilgrims. Popped in 2019....
Love

Ditto. But I must have passed you a dozen times in 2018 and never knew you were there. We'll need to fund you a bigger sign.

Great to know our lovely Faith will be there supporting those who need it. All good wishes for a smooth re-opening @natefaith

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We stopped by after our last two caminos to get help printing our our boarding tickets for our flight to Madrid. The staff members are always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Both times we left a tip, then a donation later in the year . Bob

We missed you a year ago when you were closed for staff training retreat, but were there in 5/18. Hoping for fall 2021 or 2022.... Welcome back!

Faith, I enjoyed meeting you and Nate last May and appreciated the little tour of your lovely facility. I look forward to the "day" I have opportunity to enter your welcoming doors again to say hello!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Also, a special announcement: due to Covid restrictions we can no longer accept donations (of trekking poles, clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc) nor can we give them away. So, if you arrive in Santiago before starting your Camino and need, for example, trekking poles, we can refer you to the Decathlon City store that's in town.

Also, a special announcement: due to Covid restrictions we can no longer accept donations (of trekking poles, clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc) nor can we give them away. So, if you arrive in Santiago before starting your Camino and need, for example, trekking poles, we can refer you to the Decathlon City store that's in town.
Oh dear, that is such a pity. If for nothing else, how I wish Covid 19 had never raised its ugly head. Waste not want not will be put to bed and goodbye to thriftiness... A small thing, in comparison to the lovely service you offer to pilgrims. Glad to see you are in business again.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Faith
Hoping all is going well for Pilgrim House .. I usually pop in for a cuppa and chat with anyone there at the time. I’ve usually had my laundry done there too. Great service and a good reason to pop back for another chat to collect it.
Also, a special announcement: due to Covid restrictions we can no longer accept donations (of trekking poles, clothes, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc) nor can we give them away.
Do you know if this applies to all the camino stops ? If you have excess along the camino ., does anyone have ‘gear, clothing, equipment bins’ for discarding and lightening packs or do you have to toss in waste bin? Are they permitted to hold such items until after the pandemic or considered ‘bad news ‘ and tossed. ?? I thought that in earlier times @SYates would possibly distribute good stuff too ?

the warmth of Christmas Eve with you last year, and the joy of stepping out afterwards into the silent streets of the old town just an hour before Christmas fell.
Wishing with all my heart that I could walk back into Santiago this year, but it’s not to be.
Ultreia, Nate, Faith and all...

Oooooh- what a beautiful picture that brings to mind.
I want to experience Christmas in Santiago sometime in the future too in covid free days which WILL return.

Annie.

Hi Faith
Hoping all is going well for Pilgrim House .. I usually pop in for a cuppa and chat with anyone there at the time. I’ve usually had my laundry done there too. Great service and a good reason to pop back for another chat to collect it.

Do you know if this applies to all the camino stops ? If you have excess along the camino ., does anyone have ‘gear, clothing, equipment bins’ for discarding and lightening packs or do you have to toss in waste bin? Are they permitted to hold such items until after the pandemic or considered ‘bad news ‘ and tossed. ?? I thought that in earlier times @SYates would possibly distribute good stuff too ?

Oooooh- what a beautiful picture that brings to mind.
I want to experience Christmas in Santiago sometime in the future too in covid free days which WILL return.

Annie.

Hi Annie,
Yes, we will miss seeing you this year. Glad you made it home all right after your Camino earlier this year, though! :)

As for the donations, the new safety measures for albergues say, "El albergue debe desechar productos y enseres cedidos por los clientes que abandonan el albergue." (The hostel must dispose of products and belongings that clients leave behind when they leave the hostel.) In general albergues and those in the hospitality sector can't keep items or pass items back and forth between people (including pens and pencils!). Pilgrims might be able to find blue Humana bins - or red Cáritas bins - in certain towns and donate clothing and shoes in those. Gear will be harder to slough off, though...but mailing it ahead to the Santiago Correos office could be a good solution.

UPDATE:

Hi all,
Not many of you are currently on the trail, but we wanted to let you know that due to the new restrictions in Galicia and the Covid situation in general, Pilgrim House will be closed for the rest of the year.

Our team will remain in town and still be available by email, so if you finish the Camino and need to contact us, please email pilgrimhousesantiago@gmail.com (and of course you can write me here on the Forum as well).

And the esteemed @SYates is also a good resource for information here in Santiago: http://egeria.house/

Hope you're all staying healthy and safe this week!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
UPDATE:

Hi all,
Not many of you are currently on the trail, but we wanted to let you know that due to the new restrictions in Galicia and the Covid situation in general, Pilgrim House will be closed for the rest of the year.

Our team will remain in town and still be available by email, so if you finish the Camino and need to contact us, please email pilgrimhousesantiago@gmail.com

And the esteemed @SYates is also a good resource for information here in Santiago: http://egeria.house/

Hope you're all staying healthy and safe this week!
It was lovely to meet you in September Nate, when we finished our Camino Ingles. We dropped in to say hello and to offer our walking Poles. Wish we'd known about you the year before when we completed the Camino Frances. However, we hope and pray that we'll be able to return next year when we'll be sure to call in for a cuppa and a chat. All the best, Gail and Gwyn, from Wales.

Most read last week in this forum

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/tourists-spanish-city-face-backlash-2952834?ito=copy-link_share_article-top the last few seasons I've been walking the VdlP and if this report is only half true...
Hello, I walked the Camino Frances in September/October 2023 and have an opportunity (i.e. time) to do another one this May/June - although I only have ~4 weeks available. I'm thinking Norte...
Hi everyone, Pilgrim House Welcome Center opened on March 4 for the 2024 season. As always, the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) after your Camino. The Camino can be an emotional...
Hi, I am planning to finish my Camino July 20, but I was wondering if it is worth it to instead try to finish to see the holy day on July 25. Is it going to be super crowded on the 25th? I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.