• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim House Resources and Hours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

natefaith

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
EDIT: We're now CLOSED for the winter season and will re-open in March. See you in 2020!

Hello all,
This coming Monday (March 11), the Pilgrim House welcome center will open for the year, and the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) and offer resources to meet some of the needs you have when finishing the Camino. The Camino can be an emotional and spiritual journey, and Pilgrim House is designed to be a place of hospitality where you can engage with whatever has been stirring in your heart during your pilgrimage. We also offer a variety of practical services often needed by freshly-arrived pilgrims in Santiago (even if you don't feel so fresh).

The address is Rua Nova, 19, Santiago de Compostela, just a couple blocks behind the Cathedral. Please note we're located under some arches and can be hard to see. On either side of us is cafe Rua Bella and the Teatro Principal.

Our hours during low season will be:
Monday: 10am - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 4pm
Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday: Closed

The plan is to expand opening hours during high season. We'll keep you posted.

Whatever you find you need - and even if you don't need anything - please do come by and say hello, make yourself at home, and check out the resources on offer:

* There is a living room area and a kitchenette if you need to sit and hang out for a bit.

* Staff are always available to talk if you need a listening ear.

* Join a Camino Debrief at 4pm. During low season, we'll close at 4pm and those who are attending the Camino Debrief can stay on. The focus of the debriefs is helping pilgrims reflect on their pilgrimage.

* lndividual Camino debriefing sessions are also available upon request with a member of the staff. And if you felt the need for prayer after your Camino, we'd be honored to pray for you.

* The back room and patio are places for solitude, reading, and journaling. If you need time away from the hustle and bustle of Santiago, these quiet spaces are for you.

* A curated library with books and Bibles. Read them at your leisure in Pilgrim House, and if you'll be in town for a few days, you can borrow a book for a small deposit. There are pilgrimage-related books, modern classics and classic classics, and a lot of Henri Nouwen. (We love Henri Nouwen!)

As before we provide laundry services, boarding pass printing, and daily backpack storage on a suggested-donation basis. These services need to be requested in person. (Please do not send your pack to us by mail or transport service, as we won't be able to accept it due to our shorter opening hours and potential inability to locate you before we close for the day. These kinds of unfortunate situations we like to avoid at all costs.)

To be clear, Pilgrim House is a non-profit, non-commercial initiative.

Buen Camino if you're preparing to go out on the trail this year! See you soon! :)
Faith

Attachments

• _DSF0130.jpg
    _DSF0130.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 24698.jpg
    24698.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 80607.jpg
    80607.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Front window demo.jpg
    Front window demo.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4002.jpg
    IMG_4002.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7586.jpg
    IMG_7586.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
This is a great place to visit. Nate and Faith are very nice people.

Last year they let me donate my trekking poles and scissors because I could not carry them on the plane back to Madrid. Hopefully, another Pilgrim, just starting out got some use from them.

I believe that they will also accept used Camino clothing and recycle it to those in need.

I am looking forward to seeing them again in May.

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for being there

Hello all,
This coming Monday (March 11), the Pilgrim House welcome center will open for the year, and the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) and offer resources to meet some of the needs you have when finishing the Camino. The Camino can be an emotional and spiritual journey, and Pilgrim House is designed to be a place of hospitality where you can engage with whatever has been stirring in your heart during your pilgrimage. We also offer a variety of practical services often needed by freshly-arrived pilgrims in Santiago (even if you don't feel so fresh).

The address is Rua Nova, 19, Santiago de Compostela, just a couple blocks behind the Cathedral. Please note we're located under some arches and can be hard to see. On either side of us is cafe Rua Bella and the Teatro Principal.

Our hours during low season will be:
Monday: 10am - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 4pm
Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday: Closed

The plan is to expand opening hours during high season. We'll keep you posted.

Whatever you find you need - and even if you don't need anything - please do come by and say hello, make yourself at home, and check out the resources on offer:

* There is a living room area and a kitchenette if you need to sit and hang out for a bit.

* Staff are always available to talk if you need a listening ear.

* Join a Camino Debrief at 4pm. During low season, we'll close at 4pm and those who are attending the Camino Debrief can stay on. The focus of the debriefs is helping pilgrims reflect on their pilgrimage.

* lndividual Camino debriefing sessions are also available upon request with a member of the staff. And if you felt the need for prayer after your Camino, we'd be honored to pray for you.

* The back room and patio are places for solitude, reading, and journaling. If you need time away from the hustle and bustle of Santiago, these quiet spaces are for you.

* A curated library with books and Bibles. Read them at your leisure in Pilgrim House, and if you'll be in town for a few days, you can borrow a book for a small deposit. There are pilgrimage-related books, modern classics and classic classics, and a lot of Henri Nouwen. (We love Henri Nouwen!)

As before we provide laundry services, boarding pass printing, and daily backpack storage on a suggested-donation basis. These services need to be requested in person. (Please do not send your pack to us by mail or transport service, as we won't be able to accept it due to our shorter opening hours and potential inability to locate you before we close for the day. These kinds of unfortunate situations we like to avoid at all costs.)

To be clear, Pilgrim House is a non-profit, non-commercial initiative.

Buen Camino if you're preparing to go out on the trail this year! See you soon! :)
Faith
Thank you for your kindness a couple weeks ago! My husband and I stopped by to drop off some supplies to share with other pilgrims. We much appreciated the tip for the cafe (Lusco and Fusco) by the way, as we had a great snack there!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for your kindness a couple weeks ago! My husband and I stopped by to drop off some supplies to share with other pilgrims. We much appreciated the tip for the cafe (Lusco and Fusco) by the way, as we had a great snack there!

Thanks so much for your donations and for stopping by! And Oooh yeah, Lusco and Fusco has amazing sweets! Glad you liked it; we were just there a couple days ago 😍. Hope you're settling back into home smoothly.

(Tip for everyone: Lusco and Fusco is a small cafe run by a lady from Chicago. She has really good treats and we just saw that she even has Pumpkin Spice Latte advertised right now. If you find yourself wanting a scone, piece of cake, brownie, or a coffee do check out Lusco and Fusco near Parque Alameda).

Faith

Hi everyone,
It's been a wonderful year seeing and meeting many of you in Santiago! Thanks for spending some of your time at the end of the journey with us; it's always great and FUN to meet fellow Forum members.

We're now CLOSED for the winter season and will re-open in March.

Have a wonderful Christmas week and a blessed start to 2020.

Hi everyone,
It's been a wonderful year seeing and meeting many of you in Santiago! Thanks for spending some of your time at the end of the journey with us; it's always great and FUN to meet fellow Forum members.

Best wishes to you both. I look forward to seeing you again in May. Thank for all the services you provide. Hopefully I will finally get to meet Faith next May when I return.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi everyone,

And like always, if you need help with anything in Santiago, and especially when Pilgrim House is closed, feel free to contact me and I do my best to help you:

BC SY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.