• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim House Santiago

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I did a search but came up with nothing.
Is anyone here associated with the Pilgrim House in Santiago?
Here is their website.
Is it an albergue?

SYates, is this the place you run?

It is run by @natefaith , Annie :)
And it's not an albergue. Their website have a description of what you can expect there.

Hi Annie! Are you in town now? Pilgrim House is a day center/ welcome center that provides support and resources for newly-arrived pilgrims. We're open from 10am to 4pm except when we're closed on Sundays and Wednesdays. I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday if you're in SdC! Otherwise let us know how we can help 😄.
Faith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you have a chance to go to Pilgrim House, do it, you will be glad you did. It is a wonderful place and resource that offer much for the Pilgrim. Jill and I were blessed to have had the opportunity to visit Pilgrim House for a time with Faith, and to get to know the facility and her. Faith is a wonderful and loving person, and time spent visiting with her will lift your spirits. :)

I did a search but came up with nothing.
Is anyone here associated with the Pilgrim House in Santiago?
Here is their website.
Is it an albergue?

SYates, is this the place you run?

And this is from Sybille and her friends....

And this is from Sybille and her friends....

Is this the same place ???
I'm trying to find out for a friend on a FB group.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Annie! Are you in town now? Pilgrim House is a day center/ welcome center that provides support and resources for newly-arrived pilgrims. We're open from 10am to 4pm except when we're closed on Sundays and Wednesdays. I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday if you're in SdC! Otherwise let us know how we can help 😄.
Faith

Hi Faith. I was just on another FB group and mentioned that I have been walking to Santiago every year since 2006. She said her church ran a House there, and she didn't know the name of it. I was just trying to get more information.

What church is this associated with?

I won't be in Santiago again until Holy Year (I'm finishing the VDLP this year) but I'll stop by in 2021! Thanks!

If you have a chance to go to Pilgrim House, do it, you will be glad you did. It is a wonderful place and resource that offer much for the Pilgrim. Jill and I were blessed to have had the opportunity to visit Pilgrim House for a time with Faith, and to get to know the facility and her. Faith is a wonderful and loving person, and time spent visiting with her will lift your spirits. :)
I stopped in at Pilgrim House last May and loved meeting Faith and Nate. The facility they oversee is beautiful and they are very helpful in answering any questions pilgrims may have.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You got that right!

Hi Faith. I was just on another FB group and mentioned that I have been walking to Santiago every year since 2006. She said her church ran a House there, and she didn't know the name of it. I was just trying to get more information.

What church is this associated with?

I won't be in Santiago again until Holy Year (I'm finishing the VDLP this year) but I'll stop by in 2021! Thanks!

Hola Annie,
As others have said, it's two different places: Sybille runs Egeria House and activities and services for the Anglican Chaplaincy here, and we have PH.

PH is officially connected to a church in Spain, and there are a handful of churches in the US that have been involved in sending volunteers or other support. I wonder if your FB friend attends one of those? But there's no church in the US that runs/directs Pilgrim House as we're officially accountable to a church called Vida Nueva here in Spain. Hope that helps (? maybe I just muddied the waters :) )

Will be fun to finally meet you when the time comes!
Take care.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have looked for the pilgrim house with a GPS and still have not found it. I will be back in Santiago next year so could someone send me a picture and better directions please. Thanks

I have looked for the pilgrim house with a GPS and still have not found it.

Reference the Catherdal and the south east corner and the Praza das Praterias - with the large fountain.

With your back to the Catherdal and that Praza there are two streets heading almost due south.
That on your right is Rua da Reina
That on your left is Rua di Vilar with many shops.
Further to your left (about 60 to 80 metres) is Rua Nova.
This also runs in a southerly direction.

Kia kaha

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The direct website for Pilgrim House in Santiago de Compostela, is:

Hope this helps.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/tourists-spanish-city-face-backlash-2952834?ito=copy-link_share_article-top the last few seasons I've been walking the VdlP and if this report is only half true...
Hello, I walked the Camino Frances in September/October 2023 and have an opportunity (i.e. time) to do another one this May/June - although I only have ~4 weeks available. I'm thinking Norte...
Hi everyone, Pilgrim House Welcome Center opened on March 4 for the 2024 season. As always, the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) after your Camino. The Camino can be an emotional...
Hi, I am planning to finish my Camino July 20, but I was wondering if it is worth it to instead try to finish to see the holy day on July 25. Is it going to be super crowded on the 25th? I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.