• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim in March

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007, Camino Portuges 2008, C. Frances to Leon 2009, C. Norte from Santander 2010, Le Puy to Santiago 2011, Hærvejen Denmark 2012, Sahagun to Santiago 2013, St. Domingo to Leon 2014. Figac to Pamplona 2014. La Plata Sevilla to Aljucén 2016.
It's only four weeks left before we are leaving for Porto!
We look forward to the walk in Portugal and Spain, but are a little anxious to be alone on the camino. Do anybody of you know how many pilgrims there are on Camino Portugues in March?
Erik

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
8110 pilgrims who walked the Portuguese route were registered at the pilgrim's office last year.
Of these, 1763 started at Oporto.

1680 pilgrims got the Compostela in March , but the stats don't say how many were walking the Portuguese route in March.

I'm sure you will find many pilgrims along the way - but not as many as on the Camino Frances.

Hi

My name is Sharon. I am a pilgrim from Australia and I will also be walking the Camino Portugues in March. I plan to start walking from Oporto on 24/3 and would be more than happy to meet up with you along the way.

Take care

GBY
Sharon

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello Sharon.

Nice to hear from you and thank you for your consideration. We have already bought our tickets and will arrive Porto March 12th. So unfortunately we will be far from Porto 24th. But I hope we can meet another time. My wife and I walked the camino for the first time last april and walked from SJPP to Santiago. After that we decided to walk the camino every year as long as our helth allow us to do it. My wife is 60 and I am 64.

Buen Camino

Erik

Erik,

I am also going to do this route around the middle of march. I hope to see you along the way somewhere! I think it will be a good time to do it, it being the run up to holy week and Easter. I am in Portugal at the moment and the weather is fantastic, by all accounts its their best winter in a long time, hopefully this might help keep some of that Galicia rain away during our time there.

I wish you well on your journey,

Stephen

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Erikpilegrim wrote: "After that we decided to walk the camino every year as long as our helth allow us to do it. My wife is 60 and I am 64."
Wellcome in the club! My husband and I have said the same. We have been walking for five years now (from 2 to 6 weeks). This spring and summer we plan to go two times. My husband is 57 and I am 55. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back