A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Pilgrim Introduction

Advertisment

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
Welcome Mark. I walked from Lourdes 2008. I loved it. From your picture I guess it's not your first time! If it were, you would find the stages from Lourdes very quiet and then maybe get a shock when you reached SJPdP. :) But I guess you know what to expect! I met just 5 people in September and it was terrific.

Camino(s) past & future
sept 2016 CF
sept (2017) Lourdes to SJPDP via Piemonte
SJPDP to SDC via CF
Welcome Mark. I walked from Lourdes 2008. I loved it. From your picture I guess it's not your first time! If it were, you would find the stages from Lourdes very quiet and then maybe get a shock when you reached SJPdP. :) But I guess you know what to expect! I met just 5 people in September and it was terrific.
Thanks for reply/encouragement! It is the first time staring in Lourdes. Is the route from Lourdes to SJPDP waymarked well? From my understanding from reading blogs/forums etc., and watching videos, that may a problem (both big and small). Please advise and any other tips/recommendations would be great.

Bon Chemin
Buen Camino

Mark

Advertisment

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
It is actually well waymarked, but in a much more subtle (and chic?) French way, with very small discrete yellow arrows, not splashes of paint! The way is the same as the French GR route, with small red and white markings.
If you read French, this site is (or was) good. vppyr.free.fr/vpp-index-etapes.php even if not the most slick of websites.
And there is the www.aucoeurduchemin.org/ website.
There is very good information in the discussions on this site in this subforum.
This book is new, and in English - I haven't seen it, but @Stacey Wittig is a forum member here.
The only problem I had was that it was exceptionally wet in September 2009, but not much you can do about that! If you have successfully navigated from SJPdP to SdC once, you should have no problem.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June