• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim mass in Santiago

Flatcat

Is there 2 pilgrim masses in Santiago ?
12 noon and 7:30 PM ?
I've read different accounts
Thanks
In Leon tomorrow
18 days and only 1 day/ 4 hours of Rain

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
La Misa del Peregrino se celebra todos los días a las 12,00, y a las 19:30 horas. Durante los Años Santos se aumenta el número de misas del peregrino, debido a la gran afluencia de peregrinos, aquellos que deseen tener sitio sentados deberían llegar temprano, pues estas misas están siempre muy concurridas..

Los sacerdotes que deseen concelebran deben dirigirse a la Sacristía de la Catedral al menos 20 minutos antes de la misa.

Al inicio de la misa, y como bienvenida especial, se lee un listado de los peregrinos llegados a Santiago que han pasado por la Oficina del Peregrino en las últimas 24 horas, mencionando los puntos de comienzo de su peregrinación y las nacionalidades o provincias de donde provienen.

Falcon's helpful post can be google-translated as:

Pilgrim's Mass is celebrated every day at 12:00 and at 19:30 . During the Holy Years the number of pilgrim masses increases, due to the large influx of pilgrims , those who wish to have sitting room should arrive early , as these masses are always very busy ..

Priests who wish to concelebrate should contact the Sacristy of the Cathedral at least 20 minutes before Mass .

At the beginning of the Mass , and as a special welcome, a list of pilgrims to Santiago who have gone through the Pilgrim Office in the last 24 hours , mentioning the starting points of their pilgrimage and nationalities or provinces is read.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Lol
Thx
I searched a bit a found both reports
One being the noon and 19:30 others being just noon, thx for the clarification.
We'll arrive around 10am so we won't have time probably for the noon mass

We just returned from our Camino. We attended both the 12pm mass and the high mass on Friday night while there.

I also found out, starting in Roncesvalles, that pilgrims who speak Spanish are allowed to do the Mass reading. You need only ask. I did it 15 times before reaching Santiago at 2:00PM on a Friday. I went to the sacristy, expecting them to laugh in my face, and asked if I might do the reading. The nun looked in an agenda book and said that no one was listed. She gave me a brief reading test and, voilà. This will be with me until the end of my days.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I also found out, starting in Roncesvalles, that pilgrims who speak Spanish are allowed to do the Mass reading.
Last year I attended the Mass in O Cebreiro where there were readings in several languages and I was asked to do a reading in English. A wonderful surprise and memory. :)

Last year I attended the Mass in O Cebreiro where there were readings in several languages and I was asked to do a reading in English. A wonderful surprise and memory. :)
I read in OC as well. I think the responsorial psalm was done by an Italian. I was on a roll at the end: Samos, Sarria, Portomarín, Palas de Rei, Santiago! I managed to get 11 of the 16 on video.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back