• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Meet-Up in Devon SW UK - All Welcome!

hecate105

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
'09 Portuguese Estellas '14 Aurelia '16 St Davids '17 Via Augusta/V dl P. '18/'19 Michael Mary Way
Next Saturday 4th March there is a pilgrim meet-up for old and new pilgrims - at Dart's Farm, near Exeter, Devon, 2 miles from M5. postcode is EX3 0QH.
Meeting at 11am - hopefully fine weather and can sit outside!
A chance for newbies to ask questions about kit, routes and albergues!
And for serial pilgrims to chat about past experiences - and discuss future plans.
All welcome - venue easy to find and accessible, serves gluten-free/dairy-free/vegi food/drink etc. Plus excellent fish and chips! It is a large farm shop - that sells everything - so you can do your shopping too! Also has a 'Cotswold' outlet selling outdoor kit!
Look forward to seeing old friends and new - look for a table with a scallop shell on!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Next Saturday 4th March there is a pilgrim meet-up for old and new pilgrims - at Dart's Farm, near Exeter, Devon, 2 miles from M5. postcode is EX3 0QH.
Meeting at 11am - hopefully fine weather and can sit outside!
A chance for newbies to ask questions about kit, routes and albergues!
And for serial pilgrims to chat about past experiences - and discuss future plans.
All welcome - venue easy to find and accessible, serves gluten-free/dairy-free/vegi food/drink etc. Plus excellent fish and chips! It is a large farm shop - that sells everything - so you can do your shopping too! Also has a 'Cotswold' outlet selling outdoor kit!
Look forward to seeing old friends and new - look for a table with a scallop shell on!
Sounds like a great idea! I will be on the Caminho Portuguese on March 4. Devon is ideally situated as a UK starting point to catch the ferry to Santander and get walking. Hope to join you on your next meeting. Kind regards Mick

Thanks Mick - you will be very welcome - usually we have two or three meet-ups a year - and the Confraternity is active locally too - pilgrimages and meet-ups across Devon and Cornwall - like walking the St Michael's Way nr Penzance...
If you keep an eye on the thread - Camigos in South Devon - Carolam will post meetings on there and can put you in contact with Wendy who organises the Confraternity stuff..
Enjoy your Camino Portuguese (I think its the prettiest!) We may cycle past you heading down Spain/Portugal - but not till the end of March!!
Bom Camhino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the forum Mick. Hope to meet you at a get together sometime. If you look at the Camigos in S Devon thread you can 'watch' it (the 'watch' button is above the first post top right) and that triggers an email when a new post goes up. Easiest way to not miss out if you want to know when @CarolamS puts up a meeting.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have a Buen Camino Isca-Camigo - perhaps we will see you on your return!!?

I hope to be able to join you tomorrow 🤞

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks to all who braved the rather cold weather to meet up - great to be able to chat about Caminos past and future and be inspired for more journeys - have now added the Primitivo and Arctic Circle to my list.....oh dear!!

Gutted to have seen this thread a day too late! I have been absent from this forum for a while, but about to start planning my next camino (Portuguese starting late August 23) so I'm back! Would have loved to have met up with fellow SW pilgrims... maybe next time!

You'll be welcome!! I like your 'rondel' above!! Do you get many people who recognise the Devon flag? I fly one when cycling - had only 2 people know what it was in Scotland last year!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back