• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim meeting-Seattle area

grayland

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Yes
For those in the Puget Sound/Portland area:
This is great for those who have completed the Camino and even better for those whose Camino is in the future. A great resource of fellow Pilgrims
(I have deleted the email and address from the post...PM me if contact info is wanted.)

American Pilgrims on the Camino–Puget Sound Chapter
"Saturday May 14, 2011, 3:00 pm*.
A 2.5 mile walk along Lake Washington at Seward Park, followed by a wine and tapas potluck.
For information contact (PM Grayland for contact info) Please RSVP by May 6 if you plan to attend.

The Walk will be a 2.5 mile loop around Seward Park (PM Grayland for address)Seward park boasts 300 acres of beautiful forest land - home to eagles' nests, old growth forest, a native plant garden, an art studio and miles of hiking trails.

http://www.seattle.gov/parks/parkspaces ... ctions.htm

We will meet in the first parking lot on the right, near the tennis courts. If it is a busy day, there is parking on the street before entering the park.

The Pot Luck will be held at the home of (PM Grayland for info) Directions will be available at the walk. If you would like to attend the potluck, but not the walk, please contact Martha. We will most likely be back by 4:30 or 5:00.

We will walk rain or shine.
*Please note that this time is different than originally noted on the American Pilgrims website"[/
b]

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You might want to post this in the "region"-specific area so more people can see it....I know Martha or someone else has posted the Seattle gatherings there in the past. I'm planning to come up for it, if my work schedule cooperates! :)

The problem with the "region" specific area forums is that a lot of the newer Pilgrims planning their Camino do not know it exists and never see it. A great chance to ask questions and get answers.

These meetings and walks are a fantastic resource for both new and veteran Pilgrims and I think it is important that as many people as possible see it.

Your opinion, of course, may differ.

ADDED: Can you post the forum you alluded to?
I can't even find a "region" specific forum so really wonder how many people would see the thread?
I am sure it exists if you refer to it....but if I can't easily find it I am sure that newer people would be unlikely to visit.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I hear ya, but I had a walk in Portland a week or so ago and had a few people who found out about it where I posted it....

north-america/

If you are logged into the forum, it is just below the Announcements area at the top.

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.