A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Pilgrim Memorial Plea

Camino(s) past & future
2003,2005,2007,2009,2011, 2013,2014 (2016)
On July 21st 2016, whilst cycling the Camino Frances from Saint Jean Pied de Port, one of my students (Michael Cura) tragically passed away just beyond the Cruz de Ferro.
His parents are visiting his memorial for the first time on the 2nd anniversary of his death and I would be hugely grateful if any pilgrims that pass his memorial prior to (or on) July 21st, would ensure that it is in a fit state for his parents to see.
I have attached a map of the memorial (marked by an arrow) and a photograph to assist.
Many, many thanks and buen camino. Linley Jenkins

Cura memorial.JPG Cura memorial photo.JPG

Advertisment

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
2003,2005,2007,2009,2011, 2013,2014 (2016)
Just a brief follow up on my request last week to check-up on the memorial for Michael Cura.
Within an hour of my posting I received a reassuring photograph from Rebeka Scott which had been taken by Kim at The Stone Boat.
Kim also gave up her time to support Mikey’s family when they visited the memorial today.
Thank-you both........ I feel privileged to be a part of this pilgrim community.
Linley E5DC8512-6DD7-4EF1-8AF4-1647FEC6AFFD.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Just a brief follow up on my request last week to check-up on the memorial for Michael Cura.
Within an hour of my posting I received a reassuring photograph from Rebeka Scott which had been taken by Kim at The Stone Boat.
Kim also gave up her time to support Mikey’s family when they visited the memorial today.
Thank-you both........ I feel privileged to be a part of this pilgrim community.
Linley View attachment 44671
Camino spirit!!!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%