• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Office QR Code Question

StFina

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
I will be arriving in Santiago on August 11th. I went on the Oficina del Peregrino Website earlier today and got a QR Code, which I saved. Was this too far in advance, and will I need to secure the QR code again as my arrival date is almost two months away? Much thanx for the help - Steve

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
We are two in our group. Is the one QR code good for the two of us??

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are two in our group. Is the one QR code good for the two of us??
No. Each pilgrim must pre-register and obtain their own code.

The information that is collected is for statistical purposes, and is the same information that used to be filled out on a paper firm to be input into the computer later. This new method not only saves time, ebsing the Pilgrim's Office to issue Compostelas to more pilgrims, but it also saves paper.

As @Tincatinker said don't worry about the QR code - write the alphanumeric code somewhere on your credential.

The QR code is just a machine-readable code that has some information. In this case, your camera reads the code and finds a website for you. You could equally go to that website by entering the long URL address, or by clicking on this link to the Pilgrim Office website.

Go to the registration site by any of those means, enter your information (for each person, separately), and get your alphanumeric code by email. Then, either star/flag that email, and/or write the code on your credential. When you get to Santiago, walk up to the Pilgrim Office entrance, show them your code, and they will tell you what to do next.

I did this recently. Although one could argue about the traffic flow within the office complex, it was quite straightforward, pleasant, and there were lots of people to help. There was no drama and confusion that some of the threads on this forum would suggest. I don't doubt that there have been occasions, especially in the early stages, when there has been confusion and inefficiency. But it is certainly not as hard as checking into your flight, or buying a Metro ticket for the first time.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The QR code is just a machine-readable code that has some information. In this case, your camera reads the code and finds a website for you
I think that @StFina was referring to the QR code, which is accompanied by an alphanumeric code that comes in an email after filling out the registration form

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My phone/me is hopeless so I couldn't get the phone to work however the assistance at the Pilgrim's Office got me to pass through (with everyone wearing a mask) and just fill in a paper questionnaire and then proceed. No issue, no delay, everything worked and I got my credential at the same speed (quickly) as everyone else with more technical ability than me!

No. Your details are registered on the Pilgrims Office computer system. Write the Alpha-numeric code you received, (note NOT the QR) on your credencial. This will speed up the process of receiving your Compostella.
I went to record my information on the Pilgrims Office website to get the QR code but am running into an issue. When I get to the line to fill in my nationality, “American” is not listed in the drop down, nor is “USA” or “United States”. This means I can’t complete the process. I must be missing something! Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I went to record my information on the Pilgrims Office website to get the QR code but am running into an issue. When I get to the line to fill in my nationality, “American” is not listed in the drop down, nor is “USA” or “United States”. This means I can’t complete the process. I must be missing something! Thanks in advance for any ideas.
I think the option you are looking for is "Estados Unidos".

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.