Pilgrim Office Statistics: Oviedo - C.P. vs. Oviedo - C.N.?

pitztop

Solvitur ambulando
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 - Camino de Levante
Does anyone know the difference between Oviedo - C.P. and Oviedo - C.N. on the Cathedral de Santiago Pilgrim Office Statistics page?

https://oficinadelperegrino.com/en/statistics/

I'm thinking of walking the Camino Primitivo starting in Oviedo next year. Out of curiosity I went to the Cathedral Pilgrim Office statistics webpage to find out how many people who arrived in Santiago de Compostela started in Oviedo for different months of the year and found two entries for Oviedo for each month I looked at; one for Oviedo - C.P and one for Oviedo - C.N. Does anyone know the difference?

It's really no big deal, but now I am really curious :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
All I can think of is Oviedo - CP (Camino Primitivo), Oviedo - CN (Camino Norte). But I don't know why they would be different if the pilgrim started in Oviedo. And if they started somewhere on the Norte surely they would be listed elsewhere and not under Oviedo?

Dunno
Davey

Wow Davey! I think you cracked the code ;-) Many thanks! Although, as you mention, this raises other questions. I think the next time I find myself at the Cathedral pilgrim office in SdC, I will ask if they offer a class in how to interpret their stats. :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Does anyone know the difference between Oviedo - C.P. and Oviedo - C.N. on the Cathedral de Santiago Pilgrim Office Statistics page?

https://oficinadelperegrino.com/en/statistics/

I'm thinking of walking the Camino Primitivo starting in Oviedo next year. Out of curiosity I went to the Cathedral Pilgrim Office statistics webpage to find out how many people who arrived in Santiago de Compostela started in Oviedo for different months of the year and found two entries for Oviedo for each month I looked at; one for Oviedo - C.P and one for Oviedo - C.N. Does anyone know the difference?

It's really no big deal, but now I am really curious :)
Davey is of course right.
It would be the same on CF with starting point in Ponferrada. One would be Ponferrada - CF and the other one Ponferrada - CdI (Camino de Invierno). The PO is collecting both the info of starting point and the route walked from that starting point.

Davey is of course right.
It would be the same on CF with starting point in Ponferrada. One would be Ponferrada - CF and the other one Ponferrada - CdI (Camino de Invierno). The PO is collecting both the info of starting point and the route walked from that starting point.

Ah! So people actually start in Oviedo but continue on the Norte and not the Primitivo. Makes sense as Oviedo is relatively easy to get to as a start point.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ah! So people actually start in Oviedo but continue on the Norte and not the Primitivo. Makes sense as Oviedo is relatively easy to get to as a start point.
Exactly. Asturias airport has some good connections so people end the portion of Norte there and also begins. Also there surely are some that first walk Salvador but continue on Norte instead of Primitivo.

Back