• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim office website down?

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
I've been having trouble accessing the pilgrim office website. Seems to have been unavailable for most of the day. Just me or have other people had the same problem?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've been having trouble accessing the pilgrim office website. Seems to have been unavailable for most of the day. Just me or have other people had the same problem?
Not working for me either.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Doesn't seem to be working today either. Can't be helping in their drive to have everyone register online in advance for their Compostelas. Especially not in this particular week.

If anyone is using a VPN (virtual private network) on their computer, turn it off and try reconnecting. Some destination sites to not like people using VPN services.

FWIW - I tried using my Chrome browser with and without my VPN active - no luck. Then I tried Safari with no VPN - no luck.

My assessment is that they are having technical problems on their end.

Please remember this is Holy Week / Sermana Santa. I am sure they are at "all hands to the pumps" status this week. The accessibility issue might just be a localized traffic jam. It happens. Y'all be patient.

According to El Correo Gallego (https://www.elcorreogallego.es/sant...1-000-peregrinos-diarios-llegan-85547940.html)

Daily pilgrim arrivals at Santiago are over 1,000 pilgrims today. They have been high since last week. They will get higher this week and next. This is the seasonal surge I spoke of on related subjects, in another threads. I predict a very busy season this year.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Doesn't seem to be working today either. Can't be helping in their drive to have everyone register online in advance for their Compostelas. Especially not in this particular week.
Oh, the online register for filling in the form for asking for a Compostela does work. It is on a different server. Of course, you need to know the address - or simply scan the QR code on the poster at the Office ☺️:

Register - Online Form

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh, the online register for filling in the form for asking for a Compostela does work. It is on a different server. Of course, you need to know the address

Thanks! I hope that anyone who wants to register online can find their way to the link somehow.

Thanks! I hope that anyone who wants to register online can find their way to the link somehow.
You are replying too fast 😉. Pilgrims who arrive at the Oficina del Peregrino simply use their mobile phone and scan the QR code on the poster. (This QR code is the link to the server - just expressed in black and white dots and not in http form).

And those who don’t have a mobile phone, one may wonder? There are now terminals installed for them inside the building - apparently the newest addition for the process of asking for and receiving a Compostela …

And those who don’t have a mobile phone, one may ask? There are now terminals inside - apparently the newest addition …
Yes - a friend sent me a photo of one a couple of days ago. But with daily arrivals sometimes around the 1000 mark and the main website down they are probably in hot demand!
received_1427884094689722.jpeg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Interesting comment on Facebook: “We bought our Credencials at the Cathedral in Oviedo. There was a QR code in it which we scanned and registered. When we got to SDC we got a text and a number and went straight in to get our Compostelas.

As I am always curious to understand what I read about something without seeing it - Is that the standard credencial issued by the Cathedral? It would make sense to have the QR code (ie link) for the online registration form for applying for a Compostela in it. The form can be filled in anywhere and anytime - it doesn‘t have to be done in front of or inside the Pilgrim Office. Of course, it means more digitalisation and less direct human interaction … perhaps an inevitable consequence of the huge increase of the number of peregron@s during the last decade or so.

Is that the standard credencial issued by the Cathedral? It would make sense to have the QR code (ie link) for the online registration form for applying for a Compostela in it. The form can be filled in anywhere and anytime
Silly me! I should have looked into the forum shop. Of course the QR code for registering for a Compostela is included in the Cathedral-issued credencial (screenshot below). I wonder whether the pilgrim associations in the various countries around the world have already updated their own credencials or whether they are going to boycot this newest development? ;)

1680595672986.jpeg

Silly me! I should have looked into the forum shop. Of course the QR code for registering for a Compostela is included in the Cathedral-issued credencial (screenshot below). I wonder whether the pilgrim associations in the various countries around the world have already updated their own credencials or whether they are going to boycot this newest development? ;)

View attachment 144205
Interesting - I walked last summer and I don't recall there being a QR code in mine. Now I will have to go home and look! Of course - maybe I could have received my booklet from the batch BEFORE they added it! But hopefully all the other credentials get updated too. Having it in the credential is very helpful. Much better than attempting to find/pull up the webpage on your phone.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back