• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Offices

Bella.H.24

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances March/April 2013
Hola all!

I will be getting the train to Pamplona on Sunday 24th March with a view to starting the Camino the next day.
However, my train does not arrive in Pamplona until 10:30 pm Sunday night. I very much doubt it, (but i thought i should ask and see anyway,) but does anyone know if the Pilgrim office will still be open at that time on a Sunday eve so I can get my pilgrim passport? Because I'm pretty sure I shan't be able to stay in an Albergue on Sunday evening without one...
Should I book a hostel or couchsurfers or something instead? Or is there a way of ordering a passport online beforehand or something, as I was hoping to meet fellow pilgrims at the Albergue to walk with the next day...

Any advice will be welcome :)

Bella

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Jesus y Maria albergue has credentials, but your arrival time may be too late for them. They close at 2300. You probably can stay there because of your arrival date. They won't be too busy, so if they have an empty bed, they will let you in. Earlier in the day during the busy season, they probably would turn you away to preserve beds for the weary hiker.

I am not aware of a Pilgrim Office in Pamplona. Credentials are also available at the cathedral, which has the usual Spanish hours.

Can't help with the Credencial - you do have a problem there can't stay and can't move on without one. A highly recommended hostel Aloha Hostel Pamplona Calle Sanguesa 2-1ºpiso, Pamplona-closeby the bus station- you can get a better price by reserving through this website:
http://www.hostelworld.com/search?search_keywords=Pamplona,+Spain&country=Spain&city=Pamplona
where you will also find reviews written by others who have stayed there. Good luck and Buen Camino.
S

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi, Bella,
Given your late arrival, it might be better for you to buy the credential in your home country before departure. Where are you? If you're in the US, with a few clicks on the APOC website (American Pilgrims on the Camino) you can have one sent to you very quickly. In the UK, I know the Confraternity sends credentials to members, and I imagine other countries have similar set-ups.

Good luck with this. And I think falcon is right that there's no pilgrim office in Pamplona.

Bella.H.24 said:
my train does not arrive in Pamplona until 10:30 pm Sunday night. [...] I'm pretty sure I shan't be able to stay in an Albergue on Sunday evening without one...
From the station to the center of town you'll have to take a bus. You can try the Albergues, which are not near each other, nor will they accept 'phone reservations, but it's unlikely they will let you in at that late hour. With or without credencial. :cry:
I would reserve a room in a hostal in the old town (Bearan? - check this Forum's archives for suggestions). Monday morning, get your credencial at the cathedral (walkable distance) and look around town. Later on you can walk to say Cizur Menor. By that time you will have adapted to the atmosphere and checked the weather.
Ultreya :!:

Hostal Bearan

http://www.hostalbearan.es/

It is a 2.0km walk from the train station through some very dark nighttime, but only an 8 minute taxi ride.
Walking directions to Hostal Bearan Pamplona

Estación RENFE
Spain

1. Head northeast on Calle del Muelle/Kaiko Kalea toward Calle de la Estación/Geltokiko Kalea
250 m
2. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Gipuzkoako Etorb./Av. Guipúzcoa
650 m
3. Slight left to stay on Gipuzkoako Etorb./Av. Guipúzcoa
Go through 1 roundabout
270 m
4. Continue onto Calle Bajada del Portal Nuevo/Portale Berriko Jaitsera
89 m
5. Continue onto Calle Taconera/Taconera Kalea
350 m
6. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Calle San Antón/San Anton Kalea
64 m
7. Slight left to stay on Calle San Antón/San Anton Kalea
20 m
8. Turn right onto Calle Ciudadela/Ziudadela Kalea
72 m
9. Calle Ciudadela/Ziudadela Kalea turns left and becomes Calle San Gregorio/San Gregorio Kalea
150 m
10. Continue onto Calle San Nicolás/San Nikolas Kalea
Destination will be on the left
85 m

Hostal Bearan Pamplona
Plaza San Nicolás, 25
31001 Pamplona, Navarra, Navarra, Spain

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Bella!

You can request a pilgrim passport (or 'credencial') from the link at the bottom of the page on this forum. Ian from Peterborough Pilgrims in the UK sends them worldwide, but allow him time and if possible make a donation.

Even if the albergue closes at 11pm (most are usually 10pm) it will take you some time to get from the station and you may need something to eat etc. Personally I'd book into a hostal just so you're not stressed if the train is delayed or anything. It may lead to a bit of a lonely 'what am I doing here?' first night, but you'll be ready to go the next day and will soon find good company.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back