• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim on a home trainer

MinaKamina

Eclipsigrina ~ August 12, 2026
Time of past OR future Camino
Jacobspad 2017
Pastor John Burger crossed the finish line in Santiago de Compostella in Spain after 2000 kilometres. He made the pilgrimage for charity on an exercise bike.

1641752.jpg

bishop of Liège on the left, pastor John Burger of Houthem on the right

"The plan was, of course, to make the journey on a real bicycle but that was too inconvenient in these corona times." The pastor of Houthem has been on the road for weeks: "More than fifty stages I estimate."

The last few metres he was ''accompanied'' by the bishop of Liège. Jean-Pierre Delville is pedalling along fanatically in his cassock: "Yes, just in my working clothes. I notice that the priest is a better cyclist, but he has been training a lot.

All the effort has not been in vain. The long ride has raised over 20,000 euros for charity. The money goes to a missionary who is working with orphans in China. "It is true that this is not close to home, but it is a good destination for the proceeds," according to Burger.

In the past weeks, the pastor has invited several people to join him on the exercise bike. The mayors of Valkenburg aan de Geul, Daan Prevoo, and Maastricht, Annemarie Penn-te Strake, jumped onto the saddle.

https://www.1limburg.nl/pastoor-sta...ainer-naar-compostella?context=latestarticles

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.