A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Pilgrim passport for CP

LynneR

Camino(s) past & future
CF in 2016
CF in 2018
Planning a CP for June 2019
Hello,
I am wondering where I would get a passport for my Camino - I will begin in Porto.
For my past CF I have ordered a passport from American Pilgrims website. First, does that organization supply passports for all Camino pilgrimages?
Does anyone know the best place to get a passport for the CP?
Thanks for your help.
Lynne

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
More to come

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances
SJPP - Finisterre - Muxia, May 2016
C. Frances, Sept 2017
Camino Portugues, June 2019
Hi Lynne,
When are you starting out from Porto?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Frances (2017)
Caminho Português (2018)
Hello Lynne
You can pick up your credential at the cathedral in Porto. Cost €2.

Saranger

Camino(s) past & future
Samos-Santiago 2015 & 2016
Porto-Santiago 2017
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Ferrol-Santiago May 2019
Lynne,

An American Pilgrims on the Camino credencial can be used on any of the Caminos. They are available free of charge to anyone living in the United States and can be requested on the website www.americanpilgrims.org but please allow enough time between your request and departure date.

Buen Camino!

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
Camino(s) past & future
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
Lynne,

An American Pilgrims on the Camino credencial can be used on any of the Caminos. They are available free of charge to anyone living in the United States and can be requested on the website www.americanpilgrims.org but please allow enough time between your request and departure date.

Buen Camino!
The best of course is the original credential issued by the Santiago Cathedral and available here on the forum at Ivar's shop.
If you order a Brierley guide, you get the credential for free.
Also the new Portuguese credencial , issued by Vialusitana in Portugal and available at the Sé in Lisbon are valuable as happy caminho memories.

Last edited:

thirtyeyes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April 2017 (1/2) & May 2018 (1/2)
CP April 2019 (Hopefully)
Has anyone used the back of a guide book as a credential for stamps? The Brierley maps book has 4 pages of 10 squares each near the back. I'm going Porto to Santiago, so shouldn't need much more than 5 for the first few days and maybe 2 per day for the last 5 or 6 days. Right? I already have a great looking passport from doing the CF, so don't really need it as a souvenir as much. My only fear is that some overzealous hospitalero will say it is not allowed and refuse me entrance to an albuergue. Thoughts?

JLuis

Also the new Portuguese credencial , issued by Vialusitana in Portugal and available at the Sé in Lisbon and Porto are valuable as happy caminho memories.
The credencial from the Pilgrim's Association Via Lusitana is only available at the Sé Cathedral in Lisboa, not in Porto. So far the Porto's Cathedral has not expressed an interest in having them available.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 235 24.8%