• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim passport for CP

LynneR

Time of past OR future Camino
CF '16, '18
Hello,
I am wondering where I would get a passport for my Camino - I will begin in Porto.
For my past CF I have ordered a passport from American Pilgrims website. First, does that organization supply passports for all Camino pilgrimages?
Does anyone know the best place to get a passport for the CP?
Thanks for your help.
Lynne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Lynne. The Credential /passport is the same for any camino, as it is a Pilgrim credential, not a path credential. So you have a lot of options:

- get if from the American pilgrims again
- order it from this forum: https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago
- get one in the cathedral in Porto once you get there.

The Portuguese Camino is great, you will have a great time :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Lynne
You can pick up your credential at the cathedral in Porto. Cost €2.

Lynne,

An American Pilgrims on the Camino credencial can be used on any of the Caminos. They are available free of charge to anyone living in the United States and can be requested on the website www.americanpilgrims.org but please allow enough time between your request and departure date.

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Lynne,

An American Pilgrims on the Camino credencial can be used on any of the Caminos. They are available free of charge to anyone living in the United States and can be requested on the website www.americanpilgrims.org but please allow enough time between your request and departure date.

Buen Camino!
The best of course is the original credential issued by the Santiago Cathedral and available here on the forum at Ivar's shop.
If you order a Brierley guide, you get the credential for free.
Also the new Portuguese credencial , issued by Vialusitana in Portugal and available at the Sé in Lisbon are valuable as happy caminho memories.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the back of a guide book as a credential for stamps? The Brierley maps book has 4 pages of 10 squares each near the back. I'm going Porto to Santiago, so shouldn't need much more than 5 for the first few days and maybe 2 per day for the last 5 or 6 days. Right? I already have a great looking passport from doing the CF, so don't really need it as a souvenir as much. My only fear is that some overzealous hospitalero will say it is not allowed and refuse me entrance to an albuergue. Thoughts?

Also the new Portuguese credencial , issued by Vialusitana in Portugal and available at the Sé in Lisbon and Porto are valuable as happy caminho memories.
The credencial from the Pilgrim's Association Via Lusitana is only available at the Sé Cathedral in Lisboa, not in Porto. So far the Porto's Cathedral has not expressed an interest in having them available.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back