Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Pilgrim passport

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Year of past OR future Camino
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
If you're in the US, that's the link. However, this page (www.csj.org.uk/anglo-assocs.htm) will show you how to get in touch with other national groups if Jen lives in another country. A backup is to pick one up at the first albergue or pilgrim's office along the route. Sometimes, tourist offices and larger churches have them as well.

LMH27

I'm in the UK and am planning on walking the primivito in Sept, is there somewhere easy to get a pilgrim passport there or should I get one before I set off?

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
I am confused about where to get this.
Hi Jen,
Your profile says "...leaving Colorado..." Am I correct to assume that you're in Colorado? If so, contact the American Pilgrims group that Falcon mentioned. They will issue a credential to you. If you're in the Denver area, the local chapter of the American Pilgrims is having a shell ceremony on March 22. This is an impressive ceremony held a local church, where they present prospective pilgrims who will be doing the Camino during the current year with a scallop shell, and then a meet and greet social afterwards at a nearby tapas bar. Check the link for the local chapter which is found on the main American Pilgrims website for more info on this and their mentoring program for prospective pilgrims.
Buen Camino,
Jim

Jen Juneau

Future...leaving Colorado 08/10/2014
Jim,
Yes I am in Colorado. The local pilgrim party sounds fun.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino Portugues, 2017
Jim,
Yes I am in Colorado. The local pilgrim party sounds fun.
If you're in Denver or anywhere along the Front Range, contact the local chapter and give them your name so they'll have a shell for you at the shell ceremony -- assuming you can attend. The journey becomes very real when you have your credential and shell in hand, even though your departure may be weeks or months away.

Jen Juneau

It became real when I hit the purchase button for the plane Tickets lol. How do I find the local chapter?

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino Portugues, 2017
It became real when I hit the purchase button for the plane Tickets lol. How do I find the local chapter?
Go to www.americanpilgrims.com; you'll see an orange-colored menu under the main title, click on Local Chapers, then Colorado Front Range. You'll see the shell ceremony under "Scheduled Events." We may see you there, depending on some other travel plans that are in the works.

Jen Juneau

I just watched your video. .....wow..... I'm even more excited!

Camino Portugues (June 2013)
Camino Frances- in stages beginning 2019
Jen...hitting that button was the same for me...that it was finally REAL! Enjoy and Buen camino. My husband and I walked from Valença to Santiago starting last June. Ahhhh.... I dream of walking lately and have decided I will have to go back. Don't know when... but will go back!

Susan hopes

June 2014, June 2016
Jen, me too. I imagine I'll be on the plane pinching myself, wondering when I will wake up and find it all a pleasant dream.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

TioRay

Preparing to be on the Camino April 2014
I received credentials from americanpilgrams.com, in about a week. Fast service.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads