• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim passport

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you're in the US, that's the link. However, this page (www.csj.org.uk/anglo-assocs.htm) will show you how to get in touch with other national groups if Jen lives in another country. A backup is to pick one up at the first albergue or pilgrim's office along the route. Sometimes, tourist offices and larger churches have them as well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm in the UK and am planning on walking the primivito in Sept, is there somewhere easy to get a pilgrim passport there or should I get one before I set off?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am confused about where to get this.
Hi Jen,
Your profile says "...leaving Colorado..." Am I correct to assume that you're in Colorado? If so, contact the American Pilgrims group that Falcon mentioned. They will issue a credential to you. If you're in the Denver area, the local chapter of the American Pilgrims is having a shell ceremony on March 22. This is an impressive ceremony held a local church, where they present prospective pilgrims who will be doing the Camino during the current year with a scallop shell, and then a meet and greet social afterwards at a nearby tapas bar. Check the link for the local chapter which is found on the main American Pilgrims website for more info on this and their mentoring program for prospective pilgrims.
Buen Camino,
Jim

Jim,
Yes I am in Colorado. The local pilgrim party sounds fun.

Jim,
Yes I am in Colorado. The local pilgrim party sounds fun.
If you're in Denver or anywhere along the Front Range, contact the local chapter and give them your name so they'll have a shell for you at the shell ceremony -- assuming you can attend. The journey becomes very real when you have your credential and shell in hand, even though your departure may be weeks or months away.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It became real when I hit the purchase button for the plane Tickets lol. How do I find the local chapter?

It became real when I hit the purchase button for the plane Tickets lol. How do I find the local chapter?
Go to www.americanpilgrims.com; you'll see an orange-colored menu under the main title, click on Local Chapers, then Colorado Front Range. You'll see the shell ceremony under "Scheduled Events." We may see you there, depending on some other travel plans that are in the works.

I just watched your video. .....wow..... I'm even more excited!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jen...hitting that button was the same for me...that it was finally REAL! Enjoy and Buen camino. My husband and I walked from Valença to Santiago starting last June. Ahhhh.... I dream of walking lately and have decided I will have to go back. Don't know when... but will go back!

Jen, me too. I imagine I'll be on the plane pinching myself, wondering when I will wake up and find it all a pleasant dream.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I received credentials from americanpilgrams.com, in about a week. Fast service.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.