• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Pilgrim Passports

xpatpilgrim

Hello, i am new to this forum and am looking for helpful advice. I will be on the camino beginning in Pamplona, and was wondering if I can pick up a pilgrim passport there and does anyone know where i can do so? Any sugggestions would be very appreciated. Thanks.

We

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
You can collect your pilgrim passport - the credential - at the pilgrim refuge of Jesus y Maria which is close to the cathedral. I think you can also get one at the cathedral but you would have to rely on opening times.
Have a great walk!

elzi

Hi, you can get a pilgrim passport from a building near the cathedral. It was kind of turn left (facing out of the cathedral dorr) walk down the road to the end where there is sort of trees and a square, turn left again and in the entrance to a building a lady behing a window gave us a credencial.
We got directions (slightly better ones - sorry mine are a bit vague) from a guy in the little room at the back of the cathedral where they stamp passports.

Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Passport
Original passport made by the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela. Shipped from Santiago all around the world with DHL.

Zohard

Hello…

I’m from Israel, my girlfriend is from England. At the moment I’m traveling in India. I want to start the way of Santiago from France – although I’m still not sure which path we’re going to take. We want to start in about a month or two.
Here are my questions:
1) Where exactly do I get the pilgrimage passport? Please, don’t just give me links to other “answers” in this forum because I’ve already read it quiet thoroughly (and for many hours) and found no answers – not to mention that some of the links are broken. I found ways to get it if you belong to a certain organization or a group. Or if you come from this country or another but could not find anything for myself. So, since I’m not in Europe at the moment my girlfriend (who is from England) will have to buy them for both of us. Where and how exactly can we obtain them? Can we do it by email? Letter? How do I pay for them?
2) Any suggestions regarding where to start from France? Since we also plan to take a tent we prefer to take routes that are less traveled.
Anyway, we would appreciate any assistance
thanks