A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Pilgrim Places Book

Kazibar

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP to SDC Sept 2015, Baiona to SDC May 2017, SDC to Muxia Sept 2018, Few bits VdP Sept 2019
I’m enjoying reading this book on places of Pilgrimage in the UK. Just out from the British Pilgrimage Trust. Loads fab photos and history on sites both well known and less so. Recommended,

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
Yes, I agree it is a really beautifully produced book, with great detail and excellent photos.
It weighs in at 1.44kg, so it is a book for the coffee table or fireside, rather than the rucksack or the back pocket. Ideal in these times.
Here is a link. (I have no connection with the book or BPT).

jungleboy

Nick
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Looks like a beautiful book! It inspired me to do a quick Amazon search for something similar for the camino (an illustrated coffee-table type book) but couldn't find one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
Looks like a beautiful book! It inspired me to do a quick Amazon search for something similar for the camino (an illustrated coffee-table type book) but couldn't find one. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi that is a really interesting question. I am not aware of a similar book, but a little searching came up with this:

If anyone knows this book, could they give us a heads up? It is very expensive for the HB!
There are secondhand copies on abebooks, mainly from USA and more of the Spanish translation of the orignial.

He has a more recent book https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0711239002/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0
which is less specifically about the Camino(s).

Last edited:

BarbaraW

Camino(s) past & future
Frances part (2019)
Seeing this in my local bookshop made me break two ingrained habits, not buying new books for myself, and not making impulse purchases!

I agreed with Kazibar and timr: it's inspiring and also includes many lesser known and new pilgrimage routes. If only it were easier to find modest places for a single person to stay in the UK....

Harington

Camino(s) past & future
Vézelay/Francés 2011, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2013, Via Domitia 2014, Inglés 2015, Francigena 2016
I’m enjoying reading this book on places of Pilgrimage in the UK. Just out from the British Pilgrimage Trust. Loads fab photos and history on sites both well known and less so. Recommended,
Despite its weight it is v user friendly. Good indexing, too (always a plus)

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
Seeing this in my local bookshop made me break two ingrained habits, not buying new books for myself, and not making impulse purchases!

I agreed with Kazibar and timr: it's inspiring and also includes many lesser known and new pilgrimage routes. If only it were easier to find modest places for a single person to stay in the UK....
Absolutely agree @BarbaraW and it is a quite large hurdle!

Note this almost simultaneous message elsewhere

Last edited:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock