• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Places Book

Kazibar

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to SDC Sept 2015, Baiona to SDC May 2017, SDC to Muxia Sept 2018, Few bits VdP Sept 2019
I’m enjoying reading this book on places of Pilgrimage in the UK. Just out from the British Pilgrimage Trust. Loads fab photos and history on sites both well known and less so. Recommended,

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, I agree it is a really beautifully produced book, with great detail and excellent photos.
It weighs in at 1.44kg, so it is a book for the coffee table or fireside, rather than the rucksack or the back pocket. Ideal in these times.
Here is a link. (I have no connection with the book or BPT).

Looks like a beautiful book! It inspired me to do a quick Amazon search for something similar for the camino (an illustrated coffee-table type book) but couldn't find one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Looks like a beautiful book! It inspired me to do a quick Amazon search for something similar for the camino (an illustrated coffee-table type book) but couldn't find one. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi that is a really interesting question. I am not aware of a similar book, but a little searching came up with this:

If anyone knows this book, could they give us a heads up? It is very expensive for the HB!
There are secondhand copies on abebooks, mainly from USA and more of the Spanish translation of the orignial.

He has a more recent book https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0711239002/?tag=casaivar-21
which is less specifically about the Camino(s).

Last edited:
Seeing this in my local bookshop made me break two ingrained habits, not buying new books for myself, and not making impulse purchases!

I agreed with Kazibar and timr: it's inspiring and also includes many lesser known and new pilgrimage routes. If only it were easier to find modest places for a single person to stay in the UK....

I’m enjoying reading this book on places of Pilgrimage in the UK. Just out from the British Pilgrimage Trust. Loads fab photos and history on sites both well known and less so. Recommended,
Despite its weight it is v user friendly. Good indexing, too (always a plus)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Seeing this in my local bookshop made me break two ingrained habits, not buying new books for myself, and not making impulse purchases!

I agreed with Kazibar and timr: it's inspiring and also includes many lesser known and new pilgrimage routes. If only it were easier to find modest places for a single person to stay in the UK....
Absolutely agree @BarbaraW and it is a quite large hurdle!

Note this almost simultaneous message elsewhere

Last edited:
Really great work by the BPT on this one! I had fallen head over heels for Emma Wells book of seven UK pilgrimages years ago. It lacks the detail of this new work but may be a nice compliment. Not certain if I'm allowed to link to it on Amazon, so mods please forgive! :)

Really great work by the BPT on this one! I had fallen head over heels for Emma Wells book of seven UK pilgrimages years ago. It lacks the detail of this new work but may be a nice compliment. Not certain if I'm allowed to link to it on Amazon, so mods please forgive! :)

Thanks for the recommendation!
From the table of contents it appears to have a slightly limited definition of "British Isles". ?!? :) ;):confused:
But I have ordered a copy!

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.