• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim safety

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I translated the headline only.
Sounds like a good thing.
A great pity that it's needed at all, on any Camino route.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Extension of the coverage of the Alertcops system of the Civil Guard to all the routes of the Camino

• Main menu of the AlertCops application.  EUROPE PRESS

Main menu of the AlertCops application. EUROPE PRESS

• 24 AUG 2020 / 09:40

• SEE COMMENTS

PILGRIMAGE.The Civil Guard announced yesterday the introduction of an important improvement in the Guardian functionality in the Alertcops application, which will be extended from now on to all the Jacobean Routes that make up the Camino de Santiago nationwide. In this way, they explained to the existing ones, corresponding to the French and Mozarabic itineraries, the Galician and Northern Roads and also those of the Center-Vía de la Plata have now been incorporated, totaling almost 4,000 kilometers altogether. as reported by the Civil Guard through a statement. With this modification, the app of the Ministry of the Interior will thus offer comprehensive coverage that will cover the entire route of the Camino de Santiago in what corresponds to the territorial demarcation of the Civil Guard, thus allowing the pilgrim who wishes to (after downloading and activating the Guardian) access to the aforementioned functionality, which will provide services such as permanent attention 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which will be offered from operational service centers, verification of their last ten geopositioning in case of loss, as well as calls and alerts located in real time to 062, all in an environment that will be available in seven languages. Likewise, the armed institute explains, the pilgrims will receive a geopositioned message welcoming the Camino that will contain different safety tips when accessing the territorial demarcation of the Civil Guard that passes through the different itineraries of the Jacobean Route. By last,EP

How does one activate the "Guardian"?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
How does one activate the "Guardian"?
All you have to do is download the AlertCop app to your telephone and then follow the steps. I believe if your telephone plan does not allow you to make or receive calls within Spain it may not work. I am not sure of this. I always buy a plan from Orange that works great for me and is inexpensive. If you can not speak Spanish I know the instructions are in English and you would be connected to an English Speaking police officer. If they need to come to you for any reason you will need to have your telephone on they can track where you are.

I translated the headline only.
Sounds like a good thing.
A great pity that it's needed at all, on any Camino route.
This app I believe is a must if you are walking. Remember it is not only in cases of people breaking the law, threatening you etc. it is in case you have injured yourself, or have a medical emergency, or you are lost and in a situation that you may deem as dangerous. Imagine taking the wrong route on one of the southern caminos in the summer and you are hopelessly lost and without water or shade. It definitely is a must especially for older pilgrims and women. Download it. It is easy to use. Buen Camino and stay safe.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have the app. The intention of it is great. Easy to use. I also like that there are different icons for various distresses you want to call out for, fast. My favorite icon is "Squatting".

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I see an AlertCops app on google play store, is this the app referenced?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back