• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Songs, Chants de Pèlerins and things curious

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Recently I came across a recording of Agustin Magaldi singing ‘Por El Camino’, (1933) and I got to thinking, now wouldn’t it be fun to create a space on the Forum for us to share Pilgrim songs, chants, lyics & scores, Youtube clips etc etc etc., anything musically curious and remotely to do with el Camino. There are probably hundreds of interesting examples out there for us to love and hate. So how about fossicking about and sharing what you find here? To get started here’s a scratchy recording of Agustin M. singing something about Caminos. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with Santiago d C or peregrinos or even Spain but, hey who cares? It is delightfully sung and evocative……

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Re: Pilgrim Songs, Chants de Pelerin and things curious

...and for those of you hiking along one of the Chemins de St Jacques here are a few Chants de Pèlerins for you to sing, compiled by Assoc. des Amis de St Jacques Rhones-Alpes, Merci beaucoup. Included are recordings, lyrics and scores for the following:

http://www.amis-st-jacques.org/pages/chants_pelerins.php

*Ultreïa E sus eia
*Vers Compostelle
*Il allait à Compostelle
*La Voie(x) de Compostelle

Last edited:
I think it would be a shame to miss out this delightful song sung by an 87 year old who recalls it from his childhood. He expressed surprise when I wasn't familiar with it - it may be well known, I don't know, but this moment filled me with joy and still does. Just click the you tube on this page:
http://www.the-raft-of-corks.com/blog/camino-de-invierno-san-pedro-de-lincora/

The post is very short and the song is only 29 secs.

Actually I think you can see Guillermo singing the song directly with this link:

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It was a very wet rainy day on the Portugese camino in October so to keep going while sloshing in my boots I was singing
"It's raining it's pouring. The pilgrims are snoring. They bumped their heads on their bunk beds and couldn't get up in the morning. "
Not great but hey.

Last month on the Camino Francés I heard quite a few solo pilgrims singing Taizè chants. Indeed after a stay in the parish albergue in Villamayor de Monjardin which offers a cosy, atmospheric night prayers, I had the Taizè chant, "Laudate Omnes Gentes" going through my head for days. Maybe Taizè would be top of the Camino charts right now.

Recently I came across a recording of Agustin Magaldi singing ‘Por El Camino’, (1933) and I got to thinking, now wouldn’t it be fun to create a space on the Forum for us to share Pilgrim songs, chants, lyics & scores, Youtube clips etc etc etc., anything musically curious and remotely to do with el Camino. There are probably hundreds of interesting examples out there for us to love and hate. So how about fossicking about and sharing what you find here? To get started here’s a scratchy recording of Agustin M. singing something about Caminos. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with Santiago d C or peregrinos or even Spain but, hey who cares? It is delightfully sung and evocative……

http://www.jukebo.co.uk/agustin-magaldi/music-video,por-el-camino,qfskkm.html

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I travelled with a ukulele (some of you may remember me playing in the albergues in the afternoons) and collected some songs. I have music I picked up too but I need to hear someon singing them, so I can learn them. That's how I learn just by listening. So if anybody reads this and can sing some of what the Sisters in Carrion sang, let me know. In the meantime, I saw this gentleman and the way into Astorga.
U
That's me laughing because I loved his lyrics.

It was a very wet rainy day on the Portugese camino in October so to keep going while sloshing in my boots I was singing
"It's raining it's pouring. The pilgrims are snoring. They bumped their heads on their bunk beds and couldn't get up in the morning. "
Not great but hey.
Ha ha ha ha ha! LOVE it. I probably won't get it out of my head now! :D

I think it would be a shame to miss out this delightful song sung by an 87 year old who recalls it from his childhood. He expressed surprise when I wasn't familiar with it - it may be well known, I don't know, but this moment filled me with joy and still does. Just click the you tube on this page:
http://www.the-raft-of-corks.com/blog/camino-de-invierno-san-pedro-de-lincora/

The post is very short and the song is only 29 secs.

Actually I think you can see Guillermo singing the song directly with this link:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I travelled with a ukulele (some of you may remember me playing in the albergues in the afternoons) and collected some songs. I have music I picked up too but I need to hear someon singing them, so I can learn them. That's how I learn just by listening. So if anybody reads this and can sing some of what the Sisters in Carrion sang, let me know. In the meantime, I saw this gentleman and the way into Astorga.
U
That's me laughing because I loved his lyrics.

The sisters at Carion had a great song Salve Rociera

While walking the Camino in 2011, these three pilgrims delighted us with this skit. Hope you enjoy it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
'Peregrino ¿a donde vas? (Éxodo y Liberación)'

...and here's the score:

Attachments

• peregrino a donde vas.pdf
    119.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back