• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim stamps in Pamplona

Donna Brown

We will be flying into Madrid. From Madrid we are driving to the airport in Pamplona. We will take the airport rail into the city. We will be there early and like to begin walking then. Where is the easiest place to locate to get our first - beginning stamp?

Thanks Donna

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We will be flying into Madrid. From Madrid we are driving to the airport in Pamplona. We will take the airport rail into the city. We will be there early and like to begin walking then. Where is the easiest place to locate to get our first - beginning stamp?
Donna, try the Cathedral or Archbishop's Palace, or any of the albergues. A number of the bars and restaurants along the pilgrim route through town will also have stamps. Personally, I'm all about the Cathedral as being a great first stamp (they also have a morning daily Mass, and will offer pilgrim's blessings).

I'm curious why you would rent a car to drive from Madrid to Pamplona instead of grabbing one of the high-speed trains.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We will be flying into Madrid. From Madrid we are driving to the airport in Pamplona. We will take the airport rail into the city. ....

Donna,

There is NO airport rail or bus from Pamplona airport into the city; only taxi service is available. See this AENA site for more info on taxi rates. Airport is roughly 8 km from city center.

Margaret Meredith

Donna,

There is NO airport rail or bus from Pamplona airport into the city; only taxi service is available. See this AENA site for more info on taxi rates. Airport is roughly 8 km from city center.

Margaret Meredith
Margaret - my husband did research and there is a bus that runs every 30 minutes into the city. The cost is about 1.5 euros. My saying rail was incorrect. If I find out differently once we get there I will post it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Margaret - my husband did research and there is a bus that runs every 30 minutes into the city. The cost is about 1.5 euros. My saying rail was incorrect. If I find out differently once we get there I will post it.

Donna,

Glad to learn that there is a bus! Could you please send me a copy of your info regarding it? Thanks for posting this. All I could find is this citation from the Lonely Planet web.

"Air . Pamplona’s airport (948 16 87 00), about 7km south of the city, has regular flights to Madrid and Barcelona. There’s an ATM as well as car-rental desks. Bus 16 from the main bus station (€1, 25 minutes) drops you 300m downhill from the airport, so heavy cases are a genuine drag. A taxi costs about €13."

MM

Last edited:
Donna, try the Cathedral or Archbishop's Palace, or any of the albergues. A number of the bars and restaurants along the pilgrim route through town will also have stamps. Personally, I'm all about the Cathedral as being a great first stamp (they also have a morning daily Mass, and will offer pilgrim's blessings).

I'm curious why you would rent a car to drive from Madrid to Pamplona instead of grabbing one of the high-speed trains.
The reason we are renting the car is two fold. Our flight into Madrid and the connecting train are several hours apart. If we drive we will save about 3-4 hours time. The second reason is that my husband has driven the west coast of Spain before and enjoyed the trip. He can't wait to get in that mini cooper convertible and drive. We have driven on most continents and are ok with driving. Our first choice would have been flying - but the cost was $350 each and that is excessive. We are only paying $50 each to fly back from Santiago to Madrid.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just a head's up, the Pamplona Burger King doesn't have a stamp.
But you can wear a crown for the next 720 KM or so and call it your "Camino Real." Better than a stamp in my book.

Off-topic, but speaking of Burger King and 'better', the thing I found I craved most was a crisp French fry (Spain seems to be the land of soggy fries). In Avila after we completed the Camino, we caved in for our one fast food meal of the entire trip, and it was at Burger King for a "proper" American hamburger and fry.

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I will get the info from my hubby when he gets home tonight and post it for you..

Pamplona’sairport(948 16 87 00), about 7km south of the city, has regular flights toMadridandBarcelona. There’s an ATM as well as car-rental desks. Bus 16 from the main bus station (€1, 25 minutes) drops you 300m downhill from the airport, so heavy cases are a genuine drag. A taxi costs about €13.

Read more:http://www.lonelyplanet.com/spain/aragon-basque-country-and-navarra/pamplona/transport/getting-there-away#ixzz32MVqvtkL

Pamplona Airport, otherwise known asAirport, is located 5 Km south of Pamplona, below the Pyrenees.

The modern terminal building at Pamplona airport was opened in 2010.

A bus service runs between the airport and Pamplona approximately every half hour during the day (every hour at week ends) at a cost of approximately 1.50 Euros.
Taxis are also available with the trip from the airport to the city costing approximately 10 Euros.

Pamplona airport has a cafeteria, a shop, an ATM and a VIP lounge.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/airport-to-bus-station-in-pamplona.7317/
The Pamplona Airport is about 5km south of the city and the bus station is in the city centre.
A bus service runs between the airport and Pamplona approximately every half hour during the day at a cost of about 1 Euro. Taxis are also available.
If your flight is on time you should be able to make it although there could be heavy traffic at 5pm. If you miss the bus there will probably be other pilgrims at the bus station who might share a taxi with you.

http://www.ihatetaxis.com/airport/PNA-Pamplona-Airport/Pamplona-Airport-bus-transfers
Airport:Pamplona Noain Airport – PNAis placed 6 km from the city, in the municipalities of Noáin & Esquiroz (948 16 87 50), being communicated with the urban bus number 21 which goes each 20 minutes from the airport station from Monday to Friday from 6:00 to 23:30 and from the stations of Yanguas and Miranda from 5:30 to 23:00. During the weekends the last bus goes out of the airport at 23:00 and from the stations of Yanguas y Miranda at 22:30, with a frequency of 60 minutes (single trip 1.10 €). The airport offers approximately 5 flights per day with Madrid and Barcelona.
http://www.infoidiomas.com/travel-guides/spain/pamplona/
Reply, Reply All or Forward | More
Click to reply all

Send
Attach Files
Trouble uploading? Try our Basic Uploader.
Your screen elements are hidden from view. Press Esc or move pointer to the center of the screen to return to Mail.
Press Esc or move pointer here to return to Mail.
by on
by
Wine
Make yourself at home.
  • All

Driving to Pamplona sounds like fun and if course the best place to drop the rental car is the airport

Your question is about stamps right? I got stamped at Cafe Iruna (Hemingway's favorite bar (some say)) in the main square. I don't think a lot of people get stamped there. The bartender took my credential to some back room and brought it back with a magnificent stamp. He seemed a little surprised to have been asked. Just a thought.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Donna,

Thanks for your update re the bus!

Buen Camino to you both,

MM

Thanks Donna

The 2014 edition of the Confraternity of St James Guide to the Camino Frances states the following: "Pilgrim records are stamped at the cathedral sacristy (door on left behind main altar) and at the main building, the Edificio Centrale of the University of Navarre. (Off the route out of the city, follows signs from the waymarked path.)"

As koilife mentioned, the albergues in Pamplona should have stamps too.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back