• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim that robbed other pilgrims arrested and jailed

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
A 43 year old man that called himself Javier Cisneros (police think this name is false) was arrested and jailed after he is accused of robbing other pilgrims. He was himself a pilgrim and it seems like he has walked from Pamplona. It seems like the person arrested is from Valencia and has a police record.

El Correo Gallego has more on this here:
http://www.elcorreogallego.es/index.php ... cia=283958

Greetings from Norway,
Ivar

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I suppose if one looks inside enough barrels of apples along the Caminos, one is bound to find at least one bad one. Luckily though, i do believe this is a rare occurrence upon the Camino. I left all my stuff spread out either on the floor or upon my bunk in each albergue and never had a problem, nor did I hear of any other pilgrim suffering that fate.

It is little known, but centuries ago the snails had
their own camino. They only traveled to Santiago from
about 1 km out, but it still took them several months.
The tale is told of a group of snails that was set
upon by a group of turtle bandits. The turtles beat
the snails and stole their equipment.

The snails moved as quickly as they could to report
the assault to the Guardia Civil. When the policeman
asked the snails for a description of the bandits,
they replied, "We really cannot say. It all happened
so fast."

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back