• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim who forgot to switch his phone off.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I know I put it up as a funny pic but actually I think it rather important - the reason is that we cannot be in two places at the same time - we are either on Camino or, by using our phones, we are at home. I feel the same about those who walk with headphones on, missing the very wonderful world they are walking through.
There is a quote from Yeshua in the NT where he says that no man can have two masters - and it is the same thing.
Sure, I take my phone with me, but it is switched off except for a couple of minutes each evening when I check to see if there are any emergency messages.

The moment one texts or phones someone to 'share' whatever experience one is having one is no longer having that experience .. you are 'here' or you are 'there', you cannot be both - no person can have two masters - simple ;).
Only MY opinion of course!!! :eek::)

This video sums it up for me - I am very much like this girl!
(except that I am male and don't have a boyfriend :)).

but please, I want to see more funny pics!!!!!!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

€60,-
I know I put it up as a funny pic but actually I think it rather important - the reason is that we cannot be in two places at the same time - we are either on Camino or, by using our phones, we are at home. I feel the same about those who walk with headphones on, missing the very wonderful world they are walking through.
There is a quote from Yeshua in the NT where he says that no man can have two masters - and it is the same thing.
Sure, I take my phone with me, but it is switched off except for a couple of minutes each evening when I check to see if there are any emergency messages.

The moment one texts or phones someone to 'share' whatever experience one is having one is no longer having that experience .. you are 'here' or you are 'there', you cannot be both - no person can have two masters - simple ;).

I remember reading a story of a Zen master, famous for his adage "When you walk, walk. When you eat, eat. When you read, read." One day a student came upon him at the dining room table, eating his breakfast and reading. The student was shocked. He said, 'Master, always you say "When you eat, eat. When you read, read." Yet here you are, eating and reading.' To which the master replied "When you eat and read, eat and read."

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I agree. I think the CF is just packed with too many tourists. People more concerned about staying connected and sharing their experiences. They have different goals in mind and they often conflict with the goals of pilgrims.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back