Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Pilgrim who forgot to switch his phone off.

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Year of past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

David

Veteran Member
I know I put it up as a funny pic but actually I think it rather important - the reason is that we cannot be in two places at the same time - we are either on Camino or, by using our phones, we are at home. I feel the same about those who walk with headphones on, missing the very wonderful world they are walking through.
There is a quote from Yeshua in the NT where he says that no man can have two masters - and it is the same thing.
Sure, I take my phone with me, but it is switched off except for a couple of minutes each evening when I check to see if there are any emergency messages.

The moment one texts or phones someone to 'share' whatever experience one is having one is no longer having that experience .. you are 'here' or you are 'there', you cannot be both - no person can have two masters - simple ;).
Only MY opinion of course!!! :eek::)

This video sums it up for me - I am very much like this girl!
(except that I am male and don't have a boyfriend :)).

but please, I want to see more funny pics!!!!!!

Last edited:
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
I know I put it up as a funny pic but actually I think it rather important - the reason is that we cannot be in two places at the same time - we are either on Camino or, by using our phones, we are at home. I feel the same about those who walk with headphones on, missing the very wonderful world they are walking through.
There is a quote from Yeshua in the NT where he says that no man can have two masters - and it is the same thing.
Sure, I take my phone with me, but it is switched off except for a couple of minutes each evening when I check to see if there are any emergency messages.

The moment one texts or phones someone to 'share' whatever experience one is having one is no longer having that experience .. you are 'here' or you are 'there', you cannot be both - no person can have two masters - simple ;).

I remember reading a story of a Zen master, famous for his adage "When you walk, walk. When you eat, eat. When you read, read." One day a student came upon him at the dining room table, eating his breakfast and reading. The student was shocked. He said, 'Master, always you say "When you eat, eat. When you read, read." Yet here you are, eating and reading.' To which the master replied "When you eat and read, eat and read."

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

West Coaster

Zoomer
Camino Frances May-June 2015

I agree. I think the CF is just packed with too many tourists. People more concerned about staying connected and sharing their experiences. They have different goals in mind and they often conflict with the goals of pilgrims.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads