• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrimage and the Evolution of Spiritual Tourism

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

This is the title of a one day conference in Waterford, Ireland. 9th March 2018.
Here is a link to the information: http://spiritualityinstitute.ie/events/pilgrimage-evolution-spiritual-tourism/

it might interest folk who live around and about, but maybe others would be interested in adding it on to an existing itinerary, coming from further afield. I have only just seen the information, it looks interesting, and I will probably register to attend.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for posting this. It's looks sufficiently interesting to lure me out of Camino hibernation!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This is the title of a one day conference in Waterford, Ireland. 9th March 2018.
Here is a link to the information: http://spiritualityinstitute.ie/events/pilgrimage-evolution-spiritual-tourism/

it might interest folk who live around and about, but maybe others would be interested in adding it on to an existing itinerary, coming from further afield. I have only just seen the information, it looks interesting, and I will probably register to attend.
It looks interesting and it's probably something I'd look into if I lived nearby, but it's a long way from home for me. However, along these same lines, I picked up a small booklet from the book kiosk at my church titled Why Pilgrimage?, by David Baldwin (a Camino veteran). While this is a Catholic publication, the first half of the book is directed toward pilgrimages in general and the history of religious and/or spiritual pilgrimages which will be of interest to anyone seeking to understand the meaning of a pilgrimage or contemplating walking the Camino as a religious or spiritual pilgrimage. The last half is an introduction to several major Christian/Catholic pilgrimages, such as Fatima, Lourdes, Guadalupe, and of course Santiago de Compostela, which may or may not be of interest to the secular segment of our society. For information on the booklet, see https://www.lighthousecatholicmedia.org/store/title/why-pilgrimage-booklet.

But then again, maybe not... On closer inspection I find that the €75 entry fee (no refunds or concessions) effectively excludes non-Parador pilgrims and unevolved free spirits!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back