• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrimage luxury on rails

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A bicycle, donkey, horse or by foot, here comes the train to do the Camino de Santiago. It is the initiative that FEVE (Narrow Gauge Railways) has added to the Holy Year 2010 to make available to lovers of epicurean pilgrims cruise on the rails "Expreso de La Robla"A train with three cars, saloon cars and four bunk beds. The convoy has a classic look with luxury hotel accommodations, as they claim on their website.
The itinerary xacobeo of "T Express the Robla" will start in summer of the Holy Year to September. The pilgrims who choose rail as a means to reach the tomb of the Apostle Paul do not have to worry about the expected lineup of "full" at the doors of the shelters in a year that record numbers of pilgrims waiting.
The route, which follows the Northern Road, takes place over four days and three nights. The season starts in Gijón, and from there make stops in the towns of Navia, Ribadeo, Foz, Viveiro, Ortigueira, Cariño and Ferrol. Accompanied by a multilingual guide throughout the journey, travelers will discover the particularities of the places visited also coach journeys will be made when railroads do not reach itineraries interesting points, as Mondoñedo, Cape Ortega lSan Andres de Teixido, A Coruña and the city of Santiago de Compostela.

The scheduled departure dates are June 24 and the days 1,8, 15, 22 and 29 July, 5, 12, 19 and 26 August and 2 and 9 September.

Rates per person in 2010 amount to 690 euros (VAT included) in a double and 850 euros per person in single compartment

http://www.berenguela.com/

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sil If such pilgrims claim they made the journey by 'iron horse' will they be eligible for a Compostela :D
Nell

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back