• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrimage Traveler:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@sandykayak, welcome to the forum and I wish you well with planning your pilgrimage. You'll find everything you need in this forum, including the excellent @JohnnieWalker guide and links to non-commercial blogs. That's very much the spirit of the forum - members sharing with each other, without seeking anything in return. Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would check how much of your material actually appears in 'their' guidebook @JohnnieWalker ! SY

Hola! Some time ago when I started the online guides with the CSJ I made a decision that being freely available to everyone on a donativo basis should mean just that. As the great Woody Guthrie once said :
This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friendsof ours, cause we don't give a darn. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do.

http://www.pilgrimagetraveler.com/camino-ingles.html

You can also purchase this to download for $4.99 for when there is no "weefee"

this appears to me to be a blog, with some maps "lifted" from Eroski (not faulting that necessarily, she at least credited the source of the maps clearly; a popular resource on this forum also lifted maps from the same source and while crediting did not do so as clearly). I was disappointed that she missed so easily (and even noted it) the Iglesia de Santiago in O Corunna. I would suggest, if you want to use this as your guide, that you supplement it with another source, for instance the excellent one by @JohnnieWalker. But of course each person has a favorite guide, to each their own.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello you all! This is Elle Bieling, the author of the website (not blog) of the PilgrimageTraveler.com. Thank you for noticing my articles on my very personal experience on my Camino Inglés! These writings were never intended to be a "guidebook" but a chronicle of my journeys.

I wrote the articles many weeks after my journey (s), as a way of sharing my experience. The pages are very photo rich. I certainly can't expect everyone to enjoy my writing style, as it is personal indeed. All the information you would get by purchasing my downloadable PDF files are entirely FREE on the website. The PDF file is an exact replica of my webpages. If a reader wishes to copy/paste all this info into her own PDF, she is free to do so, without any charge at all. In fact I state this clearly, before any pilgrim purchases the PDF file - that it is an exact replica of my pages. The file is for convenience only, for those who value convenience over their own time.

I put my webpages into these PDF files, and made them for sale (for convenience), at the urging of my readers, who said they had done it, or wished I had done it, because they enjoyed the value that my information provided, from the pictures to my vignettes. My pages were never intended to be a comprehensive guide, and I give almost no information on albergues, except for the ones I stayed in, no real turn-by-turn info, as in the Walker comprehensive guides. I state this clearly on my webpages, so there is absolutely no surprise on what the reader gets. Essentially, they are purchasing my story.

My writings (and purchase of the file) is more like purchasing someone's book that they sell, regarding their personal experiences on their Camino. It is nice to have a story in a file that is more readable than on the web, don't you think?

My writings, I assure you, @SYates, are entirely original!

And, @JohnnieWalker, I gave you a reference with a link! I thought most authors viewed this favorably! I gave you the link intentionally to give you credit. If you prefer, I will kindly remove the reference and link from my webpage. Just let me know.

All maps, indeed, were used with full, legal references and permission from Gronze.com and Eroski Consumer!

Thank-you again, @sandykayak for your recommendation.

May all your journeys be one of growth, kindness and illumination!

Warmly, Elle

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...
Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back