• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim's credentials in on stage 21 and further

Yurii M

Time of past OR future Camino
CAMINO DEL NORTE (2019)
Much apologies for possibly silly questions, but I was not able to google it and I am a bit worried.
I am starting my path on stage 21 (https://www.pilgrim.es/en/northern-way/stage-21-aviles-muros-de-nalon/), arriving at Asturias airport and heading further on foot. Will I have any trouble getting a pilgrim's credentials this far on the path? And since I am unable to find specific tips on how to locate places to get credentials, could you please recommend me where will I be able to get them? I suppose, I might find credentials in albergues?
And one more question. As far as I know, august is rather popular time to make a pilgrimage. Is it even possible that there are no credentials left?
Thank you in advance for your answers!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@Yurii M welcome to the forum. Some Albergues in the larger towns and cities may have Credenciales but this is not guaranteed. You may have time still to order a Credencial from Ivar's store here on the forum https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago that will be sent to you by the postal services.

Otherwise how are you getting to Aviles. Or, to pose the question differently, where are you arriving in Spain and where from? Credenciales are available from the Cathedral in Oviedo but if you are flying in to Asturias then Oviedo is a diversion given that Aviles is much closer to the airport.

Thank you for your reply!
Considering the store you mentioned, would you recommend ordering the passports to my home country or to some location at Spain?

I am arriving to Barcelona and from there I am departing to Asturias. Maybe, I am able to get credenciales at Barcelona?
Thanks for the information about Oviedo, and could you please tell if the credenciales are available at Aviles?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Yurii,
When are you leaving your home?
Ivar is quite fast at shipping: if your trip to Spain is further than 1 week, I would recommend to order one by him.
Buen Camino, Jacques-D.

I will leave my country in 2-3 weeks. I live in the far east of Europe (Ukraine), do you think my country is available for delivery? Of course, I will clarify this at the store, but I simply want to know your opinion.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I doubt that credencials are seen as dangerous goods, so yes I think that Ivar will be able to send it to Ukraine.
I don't know how well the Ukrainian postal is working, but my experiences with Correos were always very positive.
Buen Camino, Jacques-D.

I just did a little research for you. There are three locations in Barcelona to get a credential:
  • Archbishop of Barcelona, C / del Bisbe 5, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (L-V, closed from 2:00 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
  • Parish of Sant Jaume de Barcelona, C / Ferrán 28, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (working day)
  • Church and monastery of Sant Pau del Camp, C / Sant Pau 101, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (L-S)
  • I also found the website for the Pilgrim association in Barcelona: amicsdelspelegrins@gmail.com maybe you email them to confirm the times listed above as I got the locations from a website dated in 2017 or maybe better still look up these locations and see if there are email addresses listed and write them directly. If you do not know Spanish try using Google Translate and keep your question very simple and in the present tense for the best translation. Write the same question that you translated in English below and I am sure you will get a response. If you are arriving on a Sunday or a holiday then you will probably have an issue.
  • Or you could write the Pilgrim association in your home country. See if they can get you a credential in time. Good luck I am sure with a little work you will be fine.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Much apologies for possibly silly questions, but I was not able to google it and I am a bit worried.
I am starting my path on stage 21 (https://www.pilgrim.es/en/northern-way/stage-21-aviles-muros-de-nalon/), arriving at Asturias airport and heading further on foot. Will I have any trouble getting a pilgrim's credentials this far on the path? And since I am unable to find specific tips on how to locate places to get credentials, could you please recommend me where will I be able to get them? I suppose, I might find credentials in albergues?
And one more question. As far as I know, august is rather popular time to make a pilgrimage. Is it even possible that there are no credentials left?
Thank you in advance for your answers!
If you email the Hotel Valle Las Luinos you might be able to get a credential there. (Just across the road from the albergue there) The owner is a Lugo Amiogo de Camino. However you might need to use Spanish to communicate. Useful if you are having a problem, but not first choice. Best to contact Ivar as soon as possible.

I just did a little research for you. There are three locations in Barcelona to get a credential:
  • Archbishop of Barcelona, C / del Bisbe 5, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (L-V, closed from 2:00 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
  • Parish of Sant Jaume de Barcelona, C / Ferrán 28, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (working day)
  • Church and monastery of Sant Pau del Camp, C / Sant Pau 101, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (L-S)
  • I also found the website for the Pilgrim association in Barcelona: amicsdelspelegrins@gmail.com maybe you email them to confirm the times listed above as I got the locations from a website dated in 2017 or maybe better still look up these locations and see if there are email addresses listed and write them directly. If you do not know Spanish try using Google Translate and keep your question very simple and in the present tense for the best translation. Write the same question that you translated in English below and I am sure you will get a response. If you are arriving on a Sunday or a holiday then you will probably have an issue.
  • Or you could write the Pilgrim association in your home country. See if they can get you a credential in time. Good luck I am sure with a little work you will be fine.
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I have also found these addresses today. Might use them as a backup plan, but I am not spending much time in Barcelona so this is not an option I would go for.

If you email the Hotel Valle Las Luinos you might be able to get a credential there. (Just across the road from the albergue there) The owner is a Lugo Amiogo de Camino. However you might need to use Spanish to communicate. Useful if you are having a problem, but not first choice. Best to contact Ivar as soon as possible.

Thank you too, I will definitely write this contact down! Still will try to get credentials from Ivar.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I was googling around to see if there is a Confraternity of St James in Ukraine that issues credentials. I didn't find it, but thought that this might be of interest.

Unfortunately, it looks like it is some research paper and it is not related to any existing organization in Ukraine(

Unfortunately, it looks like it is some research paper and it is not related to any existing organization in Ukraine(
I realize that, but I just thought that the idea of the Camino in Ukraine might be interesting.

For anyone who might have the same question in future: I saw the credentials available in Aviles.

However, I got my credentials from a friend visiting Barcelona before me and I can only recommend to buy creds in advance if you have the slightest opportunity to do so.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi if I wanted to do the Del Norte and had 2 weeks any recommendations (would be much appreciated ) and which part of the Norte would be less challenging. Marianne
Hi. I only have 7 days and will be walking from Irun to Bilboa end of April, first week of May. Aside from booking ahead in San Sebastián and Bilbao, do I need to book in advance or will I have...
Hello, I am brand new to the Camino and am planning to hike the Norte and Primitive routes starting mid-May, 2024. I think I have access to most of the resources I need except I don't seem to be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.