A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

LIVE from the Camino Pilgrim's House

Tulle

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
I arrived in Santiago today and I am looking for Pilgrim's House. What is the adress?

Advertisment

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Hi Tulle and welcome to Santiago!

We're closed today but we'll open tomorrow from 11am - 8pm. Hope you're staying in Santiago for a couple days and that our co-workers can see you tomorrow.

CONGRATS on arriving!
Take care and enjoy your evening here :).
Faith

Tulle

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
Hi Tulle and welcome to Santiago!

We're closed today but we'll open tomorrow from 11am - 8pm. Hope you're staying in Santiago for a couple days and that our co-workers can see you tomorrow.

CONGRATS on arriving!
Take care and enjoy your evening here :).
Faith
Thank you so much! I would very much like to visit Pilgrim's House tomorrow:))

PEI_Heather

Canadian Member :)
Camino(s) past & future
2016 - Voie de la Nive
2012, 2016 - Frances
2013 - Portuguese
2012, 2013 - Finesterre & Muxia
It's a great place, Tulle.

Poor Faith, kind-hearted that she is, she listened to whatever tale of woe I had inside me that ended up coming out when I landed there last November. I don't even know what it was about, but I should have gone out and bought her some flowers for her patience and kindness!
Both she and Nate are grand people; I hope you find your way to their haven!

Advertisment

Tulle

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes, I had a nice visit to Pilgrim's House! Nate and Faith weren't there, but I got a nice cup of coffee and had a good talk with one of the volunteers, Karen, I think. And I couldn't avoid hearing how friendly and patient another volunteer listened to a guy who obviously had some personal problems. Such a warm atmosphere there!

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2017
We had to check out of our hotel at noon prior to taking the overnight bus to Madrid airport on our last day in Santiago. This was a wonderful kind of Living Room atmosphere that we needed to help us ease out of our Camino!

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
@Tulle So wonderful you got to spend time with Karen! I think we popped in earlier that day but we missed seeing you. Hopefully next time! Thank you and @judy jackstadt for your kind words.

@PEI_Heather : Haha! I loved talking with you; no worries! The transition between Camino and going home is hard...it's important and good to process. I don't remember what we talked about either but I have good memories of meeting you.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.7%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.1%
  • May

Votes: 130 27.5%
  • June