• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrims in June.

Time of past OR future Camino
First camino for June 2016. 2nd planning for June 2017.
I've noticed that the calendar does not have many pilgrims listed in June. Is June a slow month? It's my first camino and will arrive in sjpdp on the 16th of June. Any advice?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
i will arrive SJPP from Paris on 16 June as well!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Don't use this forum as an indicator for pilgrim numbers. There is actually no way of predicting pilgrim numbers and this forum comprises such a tiny percentage of pilgrims. Most people on the Camino know nothing about it.
I walked in June two years ago, and found most of the Camino to not be crowded at all.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm walking in June too , leaving SJPP June 12th. I'm not worried about the crowds (or non crowds) . It will all be fine ! My Camino "relax about all" mode will start the second I land in Madrid :)

Thanks for the information. I'm just anxious about leaving in 3 weeks. First time
You will be fine and all worries will work themselves out. It was for me one of the most relaxing months of my life :)

Thanks for the encouragement Dutchwalk53. I'm at the right point in my life for this walk. I couldn't have done this a few years ago. I'm ready. Thank you to all the pilgrims on this forum for their words of wisdom throughout this process.

me and my friend will start to walk from SJPD at 15th of June

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
If you look at the statistics gathered from the Pilgrims Office in SJPDP over the years (somewhere on the forum - this little phone is too hard to use) it shows a slight dip in numbers from May to June. There's a graph someone did somewhere.. ..

Gea, you'll be two days ahead. Maybe we'll run into each other. Buen Camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for the information. I'm just anxious about leaving in 3 weeks. First time
I am also beginning traveling in June! I'm a lone traveler starting on the third, buen Camino pal hope to see you along the way as I'm very slow when I Camino so I have no doubt you will over take me at some point haha enjoy your time and good luck!

My daughter Lara and me, we start 11 June our third Camino.
We will very happy to meet all of you :):):):)

Cinzia, I'll see if I catch up to you on the camino. Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am also beginning traveling in June! I'm a lone traveler starting on the third, buen Camino pal hope to see you along the way as I'm very slow when I Camino so I have no doubt you will over take me at some point haha enjoy your time and good luck!
Rosiexamanda, I hope to see you there. Buen Camino.

I will arrive in SJPDP on the 3rd, but won't start walking until the 4th. I'm going to be a turtle this time around, so I don't know if we will meet, but maybe...keep an eye out for me. I will be the one with the 2 walking poles and the bandana on. I have a forum patch on my backpack, but I probably won't be carrying it most days--my feet just can't handle it.

Buen Camino!

Ruth

Ruth I shall be only a days walk ahead but I do snail speed on the Camino haha so no doubt our oaths will cross I hope they do! Safe journey !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I start from St Jean. 15th June, first timer and travelling solo. I would be delighted to meet up with fellow walkers. Nothing booked in Sjdp yet.

I am also leaving SJDP 15th June, I'm travelling solo and a little nervous starting with no Camino experience.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Maybe I'll run into some of you. I'm leaving Pamplona on the 21st. This is my first Camino so I don't know what my pace will be like. I'll be looking for forum patches!
-e

I start from St Jean. 15th June, first timer and travelling solo. I would be delighted to meet up with fellow walkers. Nothing booked in Sjdp yet.
I hope to meet you Gea! Buen Camino all will be well do keep in contact I'd love to meet people too!

I've noticed that the calendar does not have many pilgrims listed in June. Is June a slow month? It's my first camino and will arrive in sjpdp on the 16th of June. Any advice?
I arrive at SJPDP about the 8th June to do the El Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am also leaving SJDP 15th June, I'm travelling solo and a little nervous starting with no Camino experience.
This is my first Camino too and also travelling solo. I am getting rather nervous too. I'll be in SJPDP about the 8th June.

This is my first Camino and I will begin about the 8th June. Can you please tell me if I will need anymore than a lighweight fleece for warmth and a rain poncho at that time of year? I have debating whether to take a light jacket but don't want to carry the extra weight.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Everything will be well :) Do not worry :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Just booked my train-ticket from Barcelona to Pamplona on June 20th and will start walking on June 21.
See all you friendly people out there :)

y
Thks for the tip, it looks like there are masses of pilgrims out there and it might be hard to find the inner calm if one has to worry about getting shelter for the night.[/QUOT

You will be fine,i stay at Casa Bolla,excellent albergue.

I also arrive in Madrid on June 16th, first time solo traveller and first time Camino. I'm getting kinda scared. Not about the walking but about the transit. Australia-Dubai-KL- Madrid then trying to work out how I get a train(s) to my starting point at Astorga. I'm sure once I'm going I'll be fine but I do look forward to connecting with other pilgrims as we embark on our journeys.
I wasn't planning on taking anything super warm but maybe I better add a fleecy since reading this post..

I hope to meet you Gea! Buen Camino all will be well do keep in contact I'd love to meet people too!

After I book accommodation in St Jean I will let you know, would love to meet you. Thank you so much for your reply.

This is my first Camino and I will begin about the 8th June. Can you please tell me if I will need anymore than a lighweight fleece for warmth and a rain poncho at that time of year? I have debating whether to take a light jacket but don't want to carry the extra weight.

This is the trail first week of June last year, above 1000m. I had a fleece jacket, but still wore shorts. Once we got past the Virgen statue, the sky cleared and it was warm.

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 8.44.56 am.jpg

Hi Karen :)

Within 10 days in June/July I encountered temperature ranging from 4ºC/39ºF to 44ºC/111ºF (and these are the ones I knew of, I think it got colder on the way to O Cebreiro).
You should be OK with the lightweight poncho for the rain (maybe a waterproof cover for the backpack as well) but I suggest you take an extra warm layer in addition to the light jacket. It can get very cold in places, especially in the mountains. I remember arriving in Roncesvalles and being unable to hold the pen to write my details on the form at the albergue - my fingers were numb with the cold. :p
Thanks for the information Musgo. It is the first day crossing the mountains that worries me the most. I hate to be cold.

I am flying in to Bilbao on the 10th and most likely will be starting on the 12th of June. Its my fist and also solo camino. I will be on my bicycle but probably pushing it along the first day. Hope to see some of you.
Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be arriving in SJDPP sometime in the afternoon, I will post an update on this forum. I am indecisive on which route to take to Roncesvalles due to the difficulty levels etc. I will keep you updated.
Buen Camino!

I leave in 24 hours. Should be in SJPDP, on Thursday. Start walking on Friday. See you there.

Likewise, Musso. Looking forward to this amazing journey. Buen Camino.

Thank you, Peter. I'm in Philly right now waiting to depart for Barcelona in 5 hours. Left Houston at 625 this morning. 8 hours layover here in Philly. Already walked 6 miles here in the airport.

Hello
Where are you now?Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'M in Navaretta,sitting in front of beautiful church,just 12 km far from you.we are going to Azofra tomorrow. Hope to see you soon,Rupert. BUEN CAMINO

I came back from walking Pamplona - Logrono last week and it was a fantastic experience.
Mostly blistering heat (+35....), excellent food, no worries finding beds for the night (stayed in Albergue Juvenil in Estella which was almost empty) and
ran into people from 20 different countries and all were so friendly.
Next year i'll do the Sarria - Santiago....maybe on horseback, if possible.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you, Peter. I'm in Philly right now waiting to depart for Barcelona in 5 hours. Left Houston at 625 this morning. 8 hours layover here in Philly. Already walked 6 miles here in the airport.

Buen Camino! From Houston. I am jealous that you are going and wish you well. Did you call your bank? That's the thing I remember to do at the airport. This is the first year I have not gone in three years and it is killing me! The camino flashes before my eyes several times a day. I turn to my daughter and say something like, "Remember that day when we were at that cafe with the lady from ... where was that?" I hike here each morning, imagining that I am one stage or another, stop at a coffee shop where people assume I am homeless, and then hike back home. Enjoy every minute!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.