• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

pilgrims in north central florida

gville pelagreno

Time of past OR future Camino
frances 10/01/2014
I'm looking for any pilgrims past or future in gainesville area . I m preparing to do the Camino Frances in late 2014 or early2015. I've put together most of my gear so now I continue to train until I'm ready to go.I like to get a first hand account or meet someone to do some training walks with. Any way thanks and burn camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi - I just did the camino this past spring- left Florida on May 5th and arrived home on June 20th.
feel free to email me here, or check out my blog -- jonionthecamino.blogspot.org hope this helps.. and enjoy..

Hi folks .. I am Mike from Tampa .. I am tentatively planning to do the Camino Frances in May of 2015.

@ Joni ... How is the weather in May? I can handle the cold better than the heat. I am guessing that May might be the best fit for me.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Mike, Bill from Bradenton here. I am in St. Jean and starting tomorrow. You can follow me at www.bvinhagecamino.bligspot.com I return to Tampa Bay on Oct 9 and would be happy to sit down with you and give you my perspective. In the meantime this forum is great use it!

the weather this spring was cold. All of the Spanish people complained about the cold. Although I'm from Florida, it was so much easier to walk when it's chilly- I'm talking mid 50's in the am, sometimes colder, and usually mid 60's by end of the day. there were some mornings when I wore all of my shirts to start out. I only wore my shorts - zip offs-- twice. most of the men were in shorts most of the time.
hope this helps--
I am feeling sorry for how hot it's been there this summer- i would never do the camino in July or August, unless I had no other options.

Hi Gville pelagrino,

I'm in Jax, preparing to do the Camino September/October 2014. I would love to meet with fellow pilgrims past/present/future. To compare notes, kits, practice walks, and talk to someone who isn't tired of hearing about the Camino 24/7. Weekends would be best for me. I could meet you and others anywhere North/East/Central Florida. Just let me know when and where.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Mike, Bill from Bradenton here. I am in St. Jean and starting tomorrow. You can follow me at www.bvinhagecamino.bligspot.com I return to Tampa Bay on Oct 9 and would be happy to sit down with you and give you my perspective. In the meantime this forum is great use it!
I am so envious. Can't wait till it's my turn to begin this exciting journey. I look forward to following your blog and would enjoy meeting when you get back. Buen Camino!

the weather this spring was cold. All of the Spanish people complained about the cold. Although I'm from Florida, it was so much easier to walk when it's chilly- I'm talking mid 50's in the am, sometimes colder, and usually mid 60's by end of the day. there were some mornings when I wore all of my shirts to start out. I only wore my shorts - zip offs-- twice. most of the men were in shorts most of the time.
hope this helps--
I am feeling sorry for how hot it's been there this summer- i would never do the camino in July or August, unless I had no other options.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts about traveling in May. I am sure I will pick either May or possibly September. Sounds like great hiking weather. I hope you don't mind if I hit you up for more info in the future. Maybe we can get a small group to meetup sometime.

Hi Gville pelagrino,

I'm in Jax, preparing to do the Camino September/October 2014. I would love to meet with fellow pilgrims past/present/future. To compare notes, kits, practice walks, and talk to someone who isn't tired of hearing about the Camino 24/7. Weekends would be best for me. I could meet you and others anywhere North/East/Central Florida. Just let me know when and where.
I'm near Daytona and plan to do the Camino Francis May 2014. Do you know of any groups meeting in Central Florida to plan the trip?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Tried but could not find you on your link to view your blog....Please take a look at the link to make sure it is active and correct. Thx.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey Seawarrior. That worked. One little slip of the finger. Thanks again...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you. Have have tried to contact them via their email listed. have a great day!!!
No, sorry. I thought about going to the talk mentioned in the thread but I'm not very close to Orlando and not planning to walk till 2015, so I figured I'd wait. After I posted that I saw your other post about not being able to contact them.

Hi Halfdom... Deborah (one of the coordinators of the Orlando Chapter) Here. I'm sad to say, there's nothing planned in Orlando currently. But there are many pilgrims in Orlando. I have a podcast and short blog about pilgrimages www.ipilgrimpodcast.com I hope to get the Orlando group a bit more organized in the fall.

Hi Halfdom... Deborah (one of the coordinators of the Orlando Chapter) Here. I'm sad to say, there's nothing planned in Orlando currently. But there are many pilgrims in Orlando. I have a podcast and short blog about pilgrimages www.ipilgrimpodcast.com I hope to get the Orlando group a bit more organized in the fall.
Sounds great!!! Thank you for the response/reply. Look forward to being a part of the Orlando group.

Ed

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you need any help getting something planned, I'm in Jacksonville but willing to help and meet anywhere between here and there or beyond.

If you need any help getting something planned, I'm in Jacksonville but willing to help and meet anywhere between here and there or beyond.
I certainly do appreciate the offer. I may give you a shout as I plan to be at the REI store in JAX sometime right before xmas.....stay in touch.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey Seawarrior. That worked. One little slip of the finger. Thanks again...
Ed
I have been following Bill's blog every day, it is pretty good. He has some great pics and interesting observations, but his typing is horrible. Lol. He is probably using a smartphone. I follow a few nice blogs and this seems to be pretty common.

Mike

Btw ... If there is a weekend meetup in Orlando, I would probably make the trip out. I would love to talk with folks who have made the journey.

Ed
I have been following Bill's blog every day, it is pretty good. He has some great pics and interesting observations, but his typing is horrible. Lol. He is probably using a smartphone. I follow a few nice blogs and this seems to be pretty common.

Mike

Btw ... If there is a weekend meetup in Orlando, I would probably make the trip out. I would love to talk with folks who have made the journey.
That would be great to meet you in Orlando!!!

For anybody interested, there is going to be a meeting in Sarasota on Sunday, Oct 27. Check the EVENT calendar page for info.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Please let me know of other events happening in Florida. I would love to attend. Unfortunately, I am unavailable for the October meeting in Sarasota. Since I live there, it would have been a great opportunity to meet you all. I have walked the Camino Frances (2011), the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon, and biked the Camino St Jaume (2013). I can tell you, though, that you will have memorable experiences and wish you all a buen Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, But sarasota is a long drive for me and would require an over nighter....
Catch you the next time in Orlando, maybe. I am going to be up in Georgia this coming week and will be stopping by one of the REIs outside Atlanta. They are having free lectures on the Appalachian Trail (Sat) and the Camino (Sun). Gonna gear up and do a little hiking in north Georgia. Gotta get this old body into shape if I am ever going to do the Camino. Then down to Sarasota next weekend.

Catch you the next time in Orlando, maybe. I am going to be up in Georgia this coming week and will be stopping by one of the REIs outside Atlanta. They are having free lectures on the Appalachian Trail (Sat) and the Camino (Sun). Gonna gear up and do a little hiking in north Georgia. Gotta get this old body into shape if I am ever going to do the Camino. Then down to Sarasota next weekend.
Sounds great!!!

I'm looking for any pilgrims past or future in gainesville area . I m preparing to do the Camino Frances in late 2014 or early2015. I've put together most of my gear so now I continue to train until I'm ready to go.I like to get a first hand account or meet someone to do some training walks with. Any way thanks and burn camino
Gville....still on the forum?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.