• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim's Mass at Burgos Cathedral

HermanTheGerman

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances '13, '14; Portuguese '13, '14, '17, '18; del Salvador '15; Primitivo '15; Mozarabe '16
So far every Pilgrim's Mass along the way has eluded us for one reason or another. We're hitting the trail again in the 1st week of October; starting in Burgos where we finished up in June. Even though we're coming in late from Santander, we were hoping to catch the Pilgrim's Mass on the evening of 01.10.2013 before heading to Rabe the next morning. Does anyone know what the official times are?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Herman,

The Pilgrim Office of the Cathedral of Santiago have this multi language website >>
http://www.peregrinossantiago.es/

On their Preparation page is a useful English discussion regarding Mass on the Camino >> http://peregrinossantiago.es/eng/prepar ... on-camino/. Once on this Preparation page be sure to click again to see a Map of all churches on the Camino which have daily masses.

Created 2010/updated 2012 in Google maps this map will appear in a separate widow entitled Parroquias de los Caminos de Santiago . Organized east to west by parish it cites opening times for the churches and gives the current mass times as of 2012. You can copy the map as a KML file to then add to your own set of Google maps for further reference while walking. Or you can click print to make a continuous flat copy with a wealth of reference data.

Happy biking and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

• Ask at La Casa del Cubo y los Lerma, the municipal albergue, just up and behind the cathedral. Just pop in and ask even if you are not staying there, the entrance is often a madhouse but the people there are patient and will kindly inform you when and where to go- if I remember correctly its the first chapel on your right as you enter the cathedral however I may be mistaken.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Margaret, that's just what I've been looking for.

Cheers,

The German

Last edited:
  • Ask at La Casa del Cubo y los Lerma, the municipal albergue, just up and behind the cathedral. Just pop in and ask even if you are not staying there, the entrance is often a madhouse but the people there are patient and will kindly inform you when and where to go- if I remember correctly its the first chapel on your right as you enter the cathedral however I may be mistaken.
Ah yes, this is helpful information. From memory last time we didn't find the right chapel 'til it was too late. We didn't want to interrupt the service by waltzing in in the middle of it, announcing "Hey guys, you can start now, we're here!" I must check the bus timetable again. I think 19:30 will be cutting it fine (like always) but there's also the 2nd option which will be to catch the service the next morning and then head to Rabe, as only a short walk is planned for the first day in order to avoid the Brierly truck stops.
I'm just wondering if there is a special service held just for pilgrims (seeing there are plenty of pilgrims heading through Burgos) or whether it's a regular service that pilgrims are welcome to join...

You can copy the map as a KML file to then add to your own set of Google maps for further reference while walking. Or you can click print to make a continuous flat copy with a wealth of reference data.

Margaret Meredith

That's a very useful map, Margaret. Thanks!

I can't figure out how to save it as a KML file. I'm using Google Chrome and viewing it in Google Maps. Can you tell me how to do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karl

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Karl,

When the Parroquias map is loaded in Google maps on the top of the left side you will see the following descriptive block .

Parroquias de los Caminos de Santiago
Información sobre los horarios de apertura de la Iglesias, horarios de misa, etc...

www.peregrinossantigo.com
Público · 7.416 vistas
Creado el 1 de Mar de 2010 · Por Peregrinos · Actualizado el 22 de Mar de 2012
Valorar este mapa · Escribir un comentario · KML ·

In the bottom line of the block on the extreme right is marked KML.
Hit that and a copy of the map will be downloaded to your computer. You can then import the KLM to your own set of Google maps (ie My Places) .

This works fast and takes less than 5 minutes max.

For further instructions Google the following terms "export kml files from google maps" and "import kml files to google maps"

Good luck,

Margaret Meredith

Karl,

When the Parroquias map is loaded in Google maps on the top of the left side you will see the following descriptive block .

Parroquias de los Caminos de Santiago
Información sobre los horarios de apertura de la Iglesias, horarios de misa, etc...

www.peregrinossantigo.com
Público · 7.416 vistas
Creado el 1 de Mar de 2010 · Por Peregrinos · Actualizado el 22 de Mar de 2012
Valorar este mapa · Escribir un comentario · KML ·

In the bottom line of the block on the extreme right is marked KML.
Hit that and a copy of the map will be downloaded to your computer. You can then import the KLM to your own set of Google maps (ie My Places) .

This works fast and takes less than 5 minutes max.

For further instructions Google the following terms "export kml files from google maps" and "import kml files to google maps"

Good luck,

Margaret Meredith
Margaret, thanks once again for your assistance.

My wife and I leave Washington, D.C. for SJPDP tomorrow and will start walking on Friday. Can't wait. Your help, and that of so many people on this forum, is greatly appreciated. This really is a wonderful and helpful community.

Karl

Anyone know why I get the message that the file can't be opened on my computer?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hmm, not that I've experienced this particular problem, but at a guess the .kml file type has not been associated with Google earth or its an old version.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back