• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim's passport in Ferrol

sundaynightsky

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017)... maybe?
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Is there anywhere I can buy the Pilgrim's Passport in Ferrol? Or actually from Santiago, as my flight lands there before I get to Ferrol!

Apparently the CSJ in the UK don't do Pilgrim's Passports to non-members, and even for members it can take a couple of months...

Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I got one at the Tourist Office next to the port.
Better check their opening hours. I was there in the afternoon and in the morning and on both occasions it was closed.

Apparently the CSJ in the UK don't do Pilgrim's Passports to non-members, and even for members it can take a couple of months...
I'm sure it would be the fastest if you just order it from Ivar: https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago

If I remember well I received it in just a few days (5???) in EU.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked the Ingles starting in Ferrol first week in Nov. Go to the main Catholic Church on the Main street in the city to buy your Pilgrim passport and get your first stamp. Two euros, if memory serves me. (often doesn't) Sorry I can't remember the name of the church. It will be in Brierly's guide, if that's what you're using. Not many Pilgrims in Nov. Buen Camino!

I ordered my Credencial from the CSJ on line bookshop on Tuesday and received it by first class post the following Thursday. I think they charge £5.00 for non-members + postage.

In Ferrol there is a Camino Ingles tourist office just over the road from the port, I think it opens about 10.00am.
Other times I have got my credencials from the pilgrim office in Santiago.

Got mine at Hotel Silva in Ferrol. Good place to stay. Reasonable rates. Nice friendly staff.
Walked the Ingles last year. Loved it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Is there anywhere I can buy the Pilgrim's Passport in Ferrol? Or actually from Santiago, as my flight lands there before I get to Ferrol!

Thanks!
The CSJ do have a pilgrims passport for non-members since last year. See the CSJ site here. If you need one urgently then you might have to order one and if it doesn't arrive in time fall back on getting one when you arrive. Our members ones only took a couple of weeks not months so I would have thought that the same applied to non-members - it says to allow 2 weeks on the info page.

Hi,

Thanks!
I agree - the Tourist office in Ferrol near the port, but why not order one from this Forum? Then you don't need to worry about opening hours.

The CSJ do have a pilgrims passport for non-members since last year. See the CSJ site here. If you need one urgently then you might have to order one and if it doesn't arrive in time fall back on getting one when you arrive. Our members ones only took a couple of weeks not months so I would have thought that the same applied to non-members - it says to allow 2 weeks on the info page.
Similar to Tia, my members one only took about a week

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back