A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Pilgrims passport

Hi, I sent off for and received by pilgrims passport super quick thanks to the Irish Society of the Friends of St. James. However I might be mistaken but I expected more from it! It's a small booklet with spaces for stamps and that's it - no maps, guidance... Is this correct?

Advertisment

Yes - That's it. Remember what you are paying to the Irish Society of the Friends of St. James for your Pilgrim Passport is more of a donation to enable them to keep doing what they do.

If you are after a guide go to the CSJ bookshop http://www.csj.org.uk/acatalog/index.htm and I would get:
The Camino Francés, 2007 William Bisset. CSJ, London, 2006. 76 + 20 pp. (Pilgrim Guides to Spain #1) £6.00 and
A Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino Francés John Brierley. Camino Guides, Findhorn, 2006. 317 pp. £16.99

Buen Camino
William

Also, when you start your camino, they will give you a list of Albergues, and something that is not quite a map, but shows the elevation changes and distances between villages/towns/cities. You don't need a 'map' because the trails are very well marked, you only need to know distances. And like someone just said, there are plenty of guidebooks you can buy online that are helpful.

I did my first week without a guidebook and was fine. After that point, someone by chance gave one to me, but I certainly didn't *need* it

Your pilgrim passport is just that, a passport, and isn't intended to be a guide, though some of them have a sketch of the whole camino on the back.

buen camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%