• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim's Passport

Maryimelda

I know that this is probably a question you get asked over and over again, however, as I am relatively new to this forum, I haven't seen the answer as yet. We're now down to real planmaking for the Camino which we will attempt next August 2009. Question is: Where in St Jean Pied de Port does one acquire a Pilgrim's Passport and at what times of the day please? Many thanks

Maryimelda

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome to the forum Maryimelda.
You can get your credential in St Jean at the pilgrims' office - called Accueil des pelerins de St-Jacques, 39 rue de la Citadelle. Their office is open from 7h30 to 12h30 and then from 13h30 to 22h.
If you need more information, you should call the pilgrims' office : 00.33.5.59.37.05.09. E.mail : caminopa@hotmail.com.
You can also get a pilgrims' passport from your local Confraternity or St James association before you leave home. I used our CSJ (Confraternity of St James) credential as well as 4 more Spanish credentials last year.
Enjoy your planning - it is such an exciting part of the journey!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks Sil, You are always a big help to me. Thanks for the info and thanks again for the DVD you sent to me some months back. We have really enjoyed it and gotten so much out of it.

Kind regards

Kate (Maryimelda)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back