• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pizza in Leon

I just had to share this. After a week of bread and soup we were ready for something different :) We came across a tiny restaurant near the cathedral called "Made in Italy". It only has 5 tables and the owner/chef/server takes your order, makes the dough and cooked the pizza in the same room! An amazing experience and shouldn't be missed. The kids loved it. He also made the mozzarella cheese with the ensalda and used all local fresh ingredients. Homemade tiramisu and a free shot of a limon alcohol. I just can't say enough about it. I don't have an address but if you follow the pilgrims arrows away from the cathedral you will pass it on your left just out of the open square area of the cathedral.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
For something very different, and if your budget allows, there is a Michelin Star restaurant - Cocinandos. 40 Euro for a set menu.

The Michelin Guide says :

"Located in one of León's newest districts, Cocinandos has a minimalist-contemporary dining room with an open-view kitchen. The creatively influenced cuisine is centred around a single tasting menu where dishes change on a weekly basis."

With a rest day planned I get the opportunity to try both. Thanks for the tip.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Another good Italian spot in Leon and two minutes from the Benedictinas' albergue is the Rigoletto Tratoria, C/ Cascaleria, 9-11. Their pizzas and/or daily menu are delicious, copious and a GREAT value. Free Wifi is also available.

MM

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Hi!

Since I'm collecting good gastronomic experiences from forum members (that list is available if you want) it would be of much help to know the name of the place. Can you provide that, please? :)

Buen provecho!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I wonder if anyone ever found this one. If you walk to the left of the Cathedral and then take a quick right you will find one of the best places I found along the entire Camino. It's on the left about 50 meters down and called La Cocina del Cardinale! I ate lunch there. All the patrons were Spanish. Estupendo!!!

Hi!

Since I'm collecting good gastronomic experiences from forum members (that list is available if you want) it would be of much help to know the name of the place. Can you provide that, please? :)

Buen provecho!

It's called Pizzeria La Competencia. As you can see from their website, they also have bases in Burgos and Ponferrada.
If I remember well, I had the Caribena pizza in Leon, with curry chicken. Sensational flavour.

http://www.pizzerialacompetencia.com/index.php/Leon

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.