• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Place to rent in Madrid for a peregrina?

Tantalu

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances(2018, 2019), about to walk Camino Norte
Hello camino friends,
I hope you will not mind me posting this question here.

I know many of you live in Madrid. I am looking for a room to rent in a shared apartment (my budget is limited) from February to June 2021. I will be studying in Madrid with an erasmus scholarship. Do you any of have a space to rent to a fellow peregrina or know of someone that offers one? I don't have many requirements other than a quiet place to sleep and a kitchen to cook in. This is my second degree so I am older, not your average party loving student and will keep the place neat in a responsible manner. I am studying art restoration. Do you have any suggestion on where to look?

Thank you and be safe!

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello camino friends,

I know many of you live in Madrid. I am looking for a room to rent in a shared apartment (my budget is limited) from February to June 2020. I will be studying in Madrid with an erasmus scholarship. Do you any of have a space to rent to a fellow peregrina or know of someone that offers one? I don't have many requirements other than a quiet place to sleep and a kitchen to cook in. This is my second degree so I am older, not your average party loving student and will keep the place neat in a responsible manner. I am studying art restoration. Do you have any suggestion on where to look?

Thank you and be safe!
Perhaps you mean 2021?

Hello camino friends,

I know many of you live in Madrid. I am looking for a room to rent in a shared apartment (my budget is limited) from February to June 2020. I will be studying in Madrid with an erasmus scholarship. Do you any of have a space to rent to a fellow peregrina or know of someone that offers one? I don't have many requirements other than a quiet place to sleep and a kitchen to cook in. This is my second degree so I am older, not your average party loving student and will keep the place neat in a responsible manner. I am studying art restoration. Do you have any suggestion on where to look?

Thank you and be safe!
It might be worth trying the university language schools. If you’re confident that you’ll be there in the months you stated for 2021 I’d guess that they’re not exactly inundated with bookings at the moment.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It might be worth trying the university language schools. If you’re confident that you’ll be there in the months you stated for 2021 I’d guess that they’re not exactly inundated with bookings at the moment.
Hey Henry, thank you for the quick reply. Can you elaborate on what you mean by university language schools? Student dorms of some sort? What search terms can I use?

Try ‘Madrid university language school’ in a well-known search engine.

many post-grads attend language schools in Spain and shared apartments (as well as home-stays and more traditional student accommodation) are common. I’ve attended courses in Malaga and Madrid in the past and the course provider gave me a range of options at all price points.

i don’t know if they would be helpful but it just occurred to me that with the current obvious restrictions on travel there is likely to be a shortfall in confirmed forward bookings.

I’d suspect that there would also be a university-based student accomodation service.

I know when my nephew was going to Barcelona for a university research position, he found accommodation through a community not-for-profit Facebook site. I also think that there would be plenty of AirBnB offerings empty.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello camino friends,

I know many of you live in Madrid. I am looking for a room to rent in a shared apartment (my budget is limited) from February to June 2021. I will be studying in Madrid with an erasmus scholarship. Do you any of have a space to rent to a fellow peregrina or know of someone that offers one? I don't have many requirements other than a quiet place to sleep and a kitchen to cook in. This is my second degree so I am older, not your average party loving student and will keep the place neat in a responsible manner. I am studying art restoration. Do you have any suggestion on where to look?

Thank you and be safe!
Hi Tantalu, I'll ask around for you and let you know if anyone can help.
Mark

Hello camino friends,

Thank you and be safe!
Hello Tantalu,
I live in Barcelona so am unable to offer you a place to stay. You might try joining a couple of the FaceBook groups that are specific to accommodation in Madrid. There are many and, if like similar groups here in Barcelona, they are very active and offer a range of different types of accommodation including rooms for students. Good luck with your studies!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tantlu, considering how the tourist industry has suffered, you might consider "approaching" some folks who ordinarily rent out apartments through AirBnb/VRBO. Private duenos might consider a better deal than they advertise for several reasons: 1) Said beat up tourist business 2) Your long-term stay 3) Being the lone renter might mean less wear and tear on their property. We have rented the same apartment 3 times but, sadly, it is no longer available. Being close to a metro station is worthwhile as is having a washing machine, which would be a huge money-saver for you.

Oh, and by the way, renting a room in a home might weary you after a while. It's a crap shoot as to how comfortable you will really be sharing a place with others. We did this for short stays of 2-3 days in Granada and in Valencia on previous trips to Spain and determined that apartments were the way to go for us, a retired couple. While "immersion" is a great goal, remember that you need to be comfortable and fully rested so you can concentrate on your studies.

Good luck,
Elizabeth

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back