• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Place to stay in Dublin

cherrys

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept/Oct (2013), Finisterre/Muxia Oct (2013), Camino Frances and on to Finisterre Sept/Oct (2016)
Sitting in Cee right now after a great Camino from St Jean in early September. Off to Fisterra tomorrow, then Muxia, then back to Santiago. Fly up to Dublin on Oct 29th ( my 71st birthday) and need a decent place to stay that night. Then fling back to NYC on Sunday. Does anyone have any good ideas? I can't really find anything that we ( my husband and I) find appealing or can afford. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks, Cherry

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
In May this year I stayed at the Marino Institute of Education which I booked through booking.com. About a 30 min walk from the city centre, or a short bus ride. A single room including breakfast was 45 euro.

In July, my husband and I stayed at the Paramount Hotel in Dublin, which I booked on booking.com. Although it was not cheap like albergues in Spain, it was among the least expensive I could find. In my search, I realized the price of hotels in Dublin goes up on the weekends. It was close to the airport bus stop, around the corner from Temple Bar, and walking distance to the sights on that said of the river Liffey including Trinity College. The staff were friendly and helpful, and, as we had a late afternoon flight, they let us store our packs after checking out.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Unfortunately the 29th is the Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend with the Dublin City Marathon on taking place this year on Sunday 30th.

Try bed and breakfasts in Clontarf on the reliable and frequent 130 bus route. Clontarf Road has some bed and breakfasts that are v convenient to this bus route.

Thank you all so much. After a great walk into Fisterra, a great sunset, a great meal with a guy from Venice, and some more vino, I'll try and figure this out! Muchos gracias y buenos noches - Cherry

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Cherry,

Happy Birthday!
If you have no luck in the city centre try one of the outer suburbs on the DART line (suburban coastal train line) that gets you to and fro to the city centre easily-think about Dun Laoghaire, Glasthule or Bray on the south side or Howth or Clontarf on the north side of the city all small seaside towns/suburbs that could be less busy with Marathon traffic. Be sure to enquire how far it is to the DART as buses to town on the south side will also be restricted by the marathon.
Our house is going to be in ' marathon lockdown' because we're on the route so no cars in or out of the estate or even crossing the road for a couple of hours-God bless the runners but it's an bit of a pain in the neck every Oct bank holiday weekend to be so restricted. I wish they'd change the route so it doesn't come up our road just one year!

Good luck.

Nell

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.