Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places in Lugo

peregrina2000

Staff member
Sorry but I can't figure out how to search on my phone.

I don't want to stay in the Lugo albergue and I know that some have posted about nice pension or hotel options. I remember a nice small family run pension near the albergue on the other side of the main road that the albergue is off. It may even back up on the walls. Last time I was in Lugo the hospitalero told a woman who limped in with a big red swollen ankle that she had to get a doctor's certificate to be able to spend an extra night there. Of course she didn't want to walk the couple of km to do that so I found her that nearby place. But I can't remember its name.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed at the Hotel Espana. Great location right at the wall and just a couple of minutes from the cathedral. Basic, clean, comfortable and good breakfast. It's on the Gronze list that Margaret Meredith posted.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Laurie, I can't recommend any hotels in Lugo, only, sadly, say my one experience in a cheap hotel near the train station was my first full-on encounter with bed bugs. It was many years ago, but be warned!

We have stayed in the Hotel Metropol on Calle Miguel Cervantes. They had a special pilgrim rate including breakfast. Very clean and owners were helpful and friendly.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We stayed in Hotel Exe Puerta San Pedro last year and Pension San Roque this year. San Roque ok, Exe Puerta way better. Both are near bus station and in good locations near the wall of the old city.

We have stayed in the Hotel Metropol on Calle Miguel Cervantes. They had a special pilgrim rate including breakfast. Very clean and owners were helpful and friendly.

Hi Laurie.
this hotel is very good. I recommend.
AMSimoes

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just a follow-up to say that I was able to find the little hostal whose name I couldn't remember, so I stayed there. Very cheap and clean, I think my single was 20 or maybe 25.

Hostal Alba, tel. 982 22 60 56

When you walk through the walls, take your first left. It's on that street. The hotel's address is Prazo do Campo Castelo, 31. I had a rear facing room (the front of the building faces onto a street with a fair amount happening, so if you are noise-averse, ask for a rear room). The rear rooms are nice because they don't face into an air shaft, but actually outside, and the walls are a stone's throw away. It's about a 3 minute walk from the municipal albergue.

There are also two albergue alternatives to the municipal. One is Albergue Lug2, http://www.lugdous.com, outside the walls but not far from the bridge where the Camino leaves Lugo. The other is right at the bridge, Roots and Boots, http://www.rootsandbootslugo.es/en/. Neither one is restricted to pilgrims, so you might get a louder, more nightlife-loving crowd. I know people who stayed in both this year and had no complaints. Roots and Boots also has a big cafe below and it was open when we left town around 7.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.