• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay around Olhain

Ray J

Where exactly are we?
Time of past OR future Camino
CF
Rota Vicentina & Portuguese
Paris to Moulins & Le Puy
VF
Cornwall & John Muir Way
Planning to be in the area of Olhain on 28 May this year. The only place that I think might have accommodations is Parc d'Olhain (although they haven't responded to my inquiries yet). Has anyone else found a place to stay in or around Olhain? Thx!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Ray,

the Olhain castle does not offer accomodations.
In the list which Rufus linked above you find a gite in Houdin.

I stayed in the Hotel Le Cottage in Bruay la Buissiere, Tel. 03.21.53.14.14. The hotel is about two kms away from the VF.
From the centre of Bruay la Buissiere there is a bus line to Houdin where you meet again the VF.
T
he next accomodation after 24 kms was a chambre d'hote, new name:
Le Goût des Hôtes 68 Rue Marcel Lancino, 62153 Ablain-Saint-Nazaire, Frankreich•+33 6 80 95 25 89

BC
Franz

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Planning to be in the area of Olhain on 28 May this year. The only place that I think might have accommodations is Parc d'Olhain (although they haven't responded to my inquiries yet). Has anyone else found a place to stay in or around Olhain? Thx!
I did the same as @Pilger Franz & stayed at Hotel Le Cottage, in Bruay le Buissiere enjoying a warm welcome & cosy room in a location convenient for my needs. It was only a minor deviation/detour & can also be booked online (booking.com) for ease or convenience.
As did @roving_rufus, I very much went My Own Way across northern France!
Happy trails.
👣 🌏

Last edited:
I also stayed at Le Cottage in Bruay on a Friday (which is the hotel's half day holiday - so no staff on duty after 2pm-ish). I felt let down by the communication around this. (I told them I was a walker and asked if there were nearby restaurants where I could get dinner, since the hotel restaurant would be closed. They assured me of the tremendous convenience of the hotel location, but it turned out that the nearest restaurants were 1.5 km away). Following my negative review I received a several unpleasant messages from the owner. Well ... I guess I'm persona non grata there now, so when I'm next in the area, I'll try calling ....

"Auberge des gourmets" which is directly on the VF itself a couple of km before Bruay:

AUBERGE DES GOURMETS
HÔTELS-RESTAURANT
Rue du Mont Saint-Eloi62470 CALONNE RICOUART
Tél : 03 21 62 26 58
calplast@dbmail.com

This place did not appear in any booking sites when I was searching for places to stay, so I wonder if it really has rooms. (Perhaps it stopped offering accommodation but left the hotel sign up?) If you think it might work for you, you should call to verify.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back