• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay & eat in Burgos

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am all about the food along the Way and especially in Burgos. Hands down and pocket book open is the Casa Ojeda. The food is without peer, the atmosphere warm and welcoming. By the time I entered Burgos the first time in 2008 I was already injured; consequently, I did not request a table upstairs. I love lamb and I was not disappointed. I have never considered Blood Pudding an addition to my repast. In Spain it's called: Morcilla. The waiter's description of the process was not the "arms up to the elbows in a vat of blood" version, but a very appetizing process resulting in a wonderful product. I highly recommend the lamb AND the morcilla.
Buen Camino

Arn

Heading into Burgos, shortly after crossing the AP-1, Brierley presents an option. We took the paved route going past the airport (Brieley's grey route) and stayed at the Hotel Buenos Aires in Villafria and used the bus that stops right there to visit the city for an afternoon and the next day. There are a few other hotels nearby too. In the long run this kept us off lots more pavement and uninteresting walks. When we continued our camino we walked back from the hotel for about 45 minutes to the optional spot of the day before and then took the Brieley yellow route to Castanares and from there took Brierley's green route across the Rio Arianzon. We then followed the river along its south bank past Burgos until it met up with the camino again at Puente Malatos. We then stayed at Hotel Puerta Romeros just beyond. It is at the spot where in the movie "The Way" the kid hands Martin Sheen his pack.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For a Burgos hotel I've stayed at Norte Y Londres, right on the camino and 6 minutes from the cathedral. If you go through booking.com you can reserve a 2, 3 or 4 same gender only room and you only pay for the bed you're in. (I lucked out, stayed 3 nights and only had a room mate 1 night) I've also stayed at Hostal Manjon this April when I resumed my CF. Nice if you don't mind shared bath down the hall, close to the camino and a few blocks east of Norte Y Londres.

I tried Maneli restaurant and did not enjoy my meal (luck of the draw I guess). My 2014 trip my final night I ate at La Mafia se Sienta a la Mesa. I ordered lasagne and it was fantastic (and I'm Italian and liked it). I've had great lamb at LaParrilla de Royal. And for good ol' hamburger and fries I've had good at El Soportal 1/2 block west of the Plaza Mayor.

Where to stay might depend on whether or not you intend to take a rest day in Burgos. If you are there for two nights then you will probably need a hotel for one night, although I have heard of people staying in an albergue one night and going to another albergue for the second night.

I am enamoured with the Albergue Emaús. It only has 20 places. Strictly run by a wonderful old nun. She has her own set of rules; makes everyone shower on arrival, and enforces sleeping hours. Don't even think of staying there if you are having your bags transported, have caught a bus into Burgos, wish to stay out late, or get up before daylight.

The last couple of times I have stayed in Burgos I've been there for two nights so stayed in the Hotel Norte Y Londres.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Where to stay might depend on whether or not you intend to take a rest day in Burgos. If you are there for two nights then you will probably need a hotel for one night, although I have heard of people staying in an albergue one night and going to another albergue for the second night.

I am enamoured with the Albergue Emaús. It only has 20 places. Strictly run by a wonderful old nun. She has her own set of rules; makes everyone shower on arrival, and enforces sleeping hours. Don't even think of staying there if you are having your bags transported, have caught a bus into Burgos, wish to stay out late, or get up before daylight.

The last couple of times I have stayed in Burgos I've been there for two nights so stayed in the Hotel Norte Y Londres.
Like Kanga and Great Dane I would also highly recommend Hotel Norte Y Londres I had an amazing room on the corner with windows / balconys that looked out on to 3 streets and the biggest bathroom I had on the Camino and old exposed Woden floors so full of character.I really felt they were spoiling me because I was on the Camino as the cost of the room was only 35.00 euro.

its quite modern a bit like the one in rossieville without the monestry feel. Stayed there a week ago and they were letting people stay a second night as it was quiet.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed in Meson del Cid, which is directly across (perhaps 150 meters) from the cathedral. At about 50 euros for a single, it was the most expensive place I stayed on the camino but the location made it worthwhile, at least for me. While I saw few other peregrinos in the hotel, the staff were very accommodating and my room was very adequate.

I too stayed at Emaús and it is recommended in the resource of the better Albergues on the Camino Frances. The building is an old seminary and the fixtures and fittings are very smart. There's a church attached where they do a pilgrims blessing and you have to sing for your supper too. All good stuff.

However, on the drive down to our apartment on the Costa Blanca we stayed at Mesón Del Cid which is bang opposite the cathedral with wonderful views of the floodlit cathedral and nice cozy beds.

The Albergue Emaús is "donativo" the Mesón Del Cid cost me (and my wife) 116 euros for one night including extras for breakfast, my dog and parking. You pays your money and you takes your choice.[/QUOTE]

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back