• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay in Olveiroa (Muxia to Santiago route)

eileeninhastings

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009;
Ingles 2018;
Muxia-Fisterra-Santiago 2019
We are planning to walk Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago in October 2019 and are trying to pre-book accommodation. There seems to be two places in Olveiroa, Casa Loncho and Casa Manola. Does anyone have any experience of them? Are they both on the camino route in Olveiroa? (We don't want to walk any further that day as we will have done 20km - which is more than enough for 3 old ladies!). Any feedback if you have stayed in either would be useful. Many thanks and buen camino. Eileen

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I was in casa Loncho Last year and enjoyed it. Good instalations and Good cafeterĂ­a.
Remember I slept late due to the fact that a group of a man and nine ladies were singing old english songs untill too late, but it was so nice...(they were outdoor, on the terrace)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In my notes also appear:
PensiĂłn "As Pias" – tel. 981 741 520 – www.aspias.net – 50-60 las dobles​
Pensión "Casa Loncho" – Tel. 981 741 673 y 617 026 005) – www.casaloncho.com – 45€ las dobles (9 hab.) - casaloncho@gmail.com
Albergue de peregrinos de Olveiroa – Tel. 981 744 001 – 6 €​
Albergue HĂłrreo – ver Casa Loncho – 12 € - 56 plazas en 6 habitaciones​
Albergue O Peregrino – Tel. 981 741 682 y 637 264 033 – 10/12 €​

Peregrina2000 is right on!
It is an easy 7 km walk from Ponte Olveira where the albergue closes end of October to Olveiroa where the municipal albergue is open all year. However there is also a fine private pension with good food, As Pias. In recent years I have often eaten in their small back dining room with the wonderful fireplace which was very cosy with delicious food in late autumn/winter. Nevertheless I always stayed in the municipal albergue.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We stayed at Casa Loncho last June and loved it. Good food at the bar/restaurant. Comfy room. It is right on the Camino. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• 30150810-26DE-48D8-8EDA-A6D2D05051AA.jpeg
    30150810-26DE-48D8-8EDA-A6D2D05051AA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
I highly recommend As Pías, though it is more expensive. But even if you don’t stay there, by all means eat there. It is really the only place in town that is not focused exclusively on cheap pilgim menus.
As PĂ­as is also right on the Camino!

We are planning to walk Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago in October 2019 and are trying to pre-book accommodation. There seems to be two places in Olveiroa, Casa Loncho and Casa Manola. Does anyone have any experience of them? Are they both on the camino route in Olveiroa? (We don't want to walk any further that day as we will have done 20km - which is more than enough for 3 old ladies!). Any feedback if you have stayed in either would be useful. Many thanks and buen camino. Eileen
Others already answered most of your questions but if you would walk Fisterra-Muxia-Santiago you can easily make almost identical 20km+ stages:
- Dumbria
- Santa Marina
- Negreira
- Santiago

Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks so much to everyone who replied. UI think we'll try and get the best of both worlds and stay at Casa Loncho and eat at As Pias!
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back